INTERIOR HEALTH AUTHORITY.
Job title :NURSING UNIT ASSISTANT
Facility :EK REGIONAL HOSPITAL
East Kootenay Regional Hospital in Cranbrook, BC is looking for a Casual Nursing Unit Assistant. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
- A current Typing Test 40 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution;
- A Nursing Unit Assistant Certificate;
- Your Resume;
- A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position;
- Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Colleges/Universities.
This position performs a variety of clerical duties related to the operation of a patient/resident care area, such as:
- Prioritizes, processes, coordinates and transcribes physicians’ orders;
- Acts as a communication link for the Unit;
- Schedules, books and coordinates patient/resident appointments;
- Assembles and maintains patient/resident charts, inputs patient/resident data and transcribes information into relevant systems such as MARS, Kardex, Careplan, charts or electronic health record systems;
- Clerical duties - keyboarding, data entry, filing, compiling, preparing and maintaining statistics, producing reports, delivering and picking up items, maintaining unit supply levels and meeting minutes;
- Maintains timekeeping records for regular and relief staff and submits/enters to payroll systems;
- Observes patient/resident call signals and relays messages to the appropriate personnel.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 10:00 to 15:30.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
- Grade 12,
- Graduation from a recognized Nursing Unit Clerk Program and Medical Terminology, Plus
- One year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Completion of a Typing Test 40 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to keyboard 40 w.p.m.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to utilize a variety of computer software applications.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Kamloops, BC Job title :PSYCHIATRIC AIDE Community :KAMLOOPS Facility :HILLSIDE CTR- ADULT PSYCH Status :PERMANENT PART TIME (0.61 FTE) Position Summary We are currently seeking a permane [...]
Kelowna, BC Job title :CLEANER Community :KELOWNA Facility :KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL Status :RELIEF FULL TIME Position Summary Kelowna General Hospital is looking for a Relief Full Time C [...]
Kamloops, BC Job title :ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES ASSISTANT Community :KAMLOOPS Facility :LANSDOWNE CENTRE Status :CASUAL Position Summary Lansdowne Centre in Kamloops is looking for a Casu [...]
Kamloops, BC Job title :ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK Community :KAMLOOPS Facility :LANSDOWNE CENTRE Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME Position Summary Interior Health Accounts Receivable Departmen [...]