Vancouver Coastal Health
CST Clinical Informatics Specialist (Nursing and Allied Health) - Various Areas
- Mental Health
Work Site: CST Project Office - 590 W. 8thStatus: Temporary Full Time - until approx. April 2020Reference#: 115521-mhs
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
Reporting to the Clinical Informatics Director, the Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Clinical Informatics Specialist bridges the gap between clinical care and technology to articulate clinical requirements, leading the business analysis for transitioning from current to future state work design. Works with Clinical Informatics Director to develop the clinical content strategy and framework to ensure required configurations of content are in place to enable end user to complete evidence-based/best practice clinical workflows appropriately within the Electronic Health Record (EHR). Identifies and links appropriate health organization clinical stakeholders and subject matter experts as part of the informatics design and sustainment planning, ensuring regulatory requirements and practice guidelines are followed. In collaboration with the Service Provider, the Clinical Informatics Specialist shares the vision of ensuring clinical process is the foundation for all phases of the CST project. Works to enhance integration of health services and care practices through the intentional design of clinical content.
Education & Experience
- Master’s preferred in Nursing or a Health Sciences Profession supplemented with five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience in health informatics with previous clinical systems go-live experience in a large health care organization or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Basic understanding of data, clinical information and how these are operationalized within the Electronic Health Record (EHR) to create knowledge.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in the provision of evidence-based practice in a clinical setting.
- Demonstrated experience with functional requirement assessment.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of clinical process, clinical services delivery and patient/client satisfaction determinants across the organizations.
- Uses exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to share information, and collaborate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to arrive at best overall solution.
- Uses effective leadership, facilitation, persuasion and negotiation abilities to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute plans and ensure timelines are met while working with a variety of stakeholders.
- Exercises initiative, self-direction and problem solving abilities to identity gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Maintains a strong sense of ownership and a results-oriented attitude to continually improve processes, enhance efficiency and contribute to overall clinical and organizational success.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to travel.
- The duration of this temporary position is until approximately April 2020.
- Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
- Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Work Site: Medical Imaging - Mammography Screening - Richmond Hospital Status: Casual Start Date: As soon as possible Salary: $29.70 - $37.04 per hour Hours: 0800-1600, 1100-1900, with shi [...]
Job Description Job Title: Care/Activity AideWork Site: West Vancouver Adult Day Centre - West Vancouver, BCStatus: Temporary Full TimeStart Date: As soon as possible until approximately January 1, [...]
Job Description Job Title: Care Aide - Long Term CareWork Site: Berkley Care Centre - North Vancouver, BCStatus: Regular Part Time (0.65 FTE)Start Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $24.83 per hourHou [...]
Job Description Job Title: Care Aide - Long Term CareWork Site: Intermediate Care Unit - Hilltop House Long Term Care Facility - Squamish, BCStatus: Temporary Full TimeStart Date: As soon as possibl [...]