Canadian Armed Forces
By applying for this job offer, you are applying for a military job.
These operators analyze and process data collected by other crew members for the purpose of configuring and maintaining command and control systems (radar, fire control, weapons control, intelligence and surveillance systems). They assist and advise the command staff on navigation, anti-air warfare, anti-surface warfare and anti-submarine warfare. This trade is also available in the Reserve Force (part time).
Before applying, it is strongly recommended to look at the online descriptive information as well as the video for your selected trade: http://bit.ly/FAC114E3
- Configure and operate ships’ radars
- Configure and operate intelligence, surveillance and recognizance systems
- Configure and operate ship borne integrated communication equipment and related sub-systems
- Analyse equipment and system performance on all combat information equipment
- Collect, correlate, record, analyse, display, and disseminate all tactical information
- Maintain classified logs and publications
In the Regular Force, your work location is not garanteed since you may be asked to work anywhere in Canada. However, if you only want to work in your area, the Reserve Force may be an alternative. Military personnel can be asked to work on atypical schedules. Salary increases according to the rank and experience of the member according to the rates of pay applicable on April 1, 2017. To know more about the rates of pay: http://bit.ly/payratesE.
RELATED CIVILIAN OCCUPATIONS:
- Maritime Traffic Controller
- Dispatcher and Radiotelephone Operator
You can apply for this position if you meet at least these conditions:
- To be aged between 16 and 56 years old
- To be a Canadian citizen
- To have completed at least 24 secondary school units (Secondary 4 and/or 5); OR Have obtained a Professional Diploma; OR Have obtained a certificate of equivalence at the secondary level (AENS-TENS); OR Have acquired General Educational Development (GED).
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
JOB DESCRIPTION: By applying for this job offer, you are applying for a military job. The ship operations room is a key office as it provides the necessary information for the commander to take enli [...]
JOB DESCRIPTION: By applying for this job offer, you are applying for a military job. Communicator research operators intercept and analyze electronic transmissions, including foreign communications [...]