Derrick Golf and Winter Club
The Derrick Club is a family oriented golf, recreation and social private club, dedicated to providing quality facilities and services to our members. The aquatic center has a 5 lane 25 meter indoor pool, a children’s wading pool and a large hot tub. We offer both Red Cross and Lifesaving programs.
We promote an environment in which everyone is treated with respect and friendliness, and we uphold a sense of pride in our facility. We are looking to add a part time lifeguard/swim instructor to our team. This position will require someone who is self-motivated, energetic, loves to teach and is willing to keep the highest standard of cleanliness and safety.
*Please note this position will consist of evening and weekend shifts.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing effective lifeguarding at all times, including scanning and rotating
- Responding to emergency situations and perform first aid
- Providing quality instruction with a positive feedback
- Providing exceptional member service through cleanliness, communication and attitude
- Keeping the pool area extremely clean and tidy
- Completing assigned maintenance
- Performing basic operational tasks to ensure regular operation of the facility
- Ability to work individually and as a team member
- Maintaining professionalism by keeping a clean, presentable appearance, being prompt and prepared for every shift, and behaving in an appropriate manner both on and off deck
- Current NLS/AEC/SFA, AED/CPR, and WSI are required
- LSI an asset
- At least 1 year Instructing/Lifeguarding experience required
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- An opportunity to make extra money through teaching private lessons
- A small working team
- A private facility - with member and guest only patrons
Additional information about The Derrick Club can be found on our website at www.derrickclub.com
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour
- WSI (Required)
- NL/AEC/SFA (Required)
- LSI (Preferred)
- English (Required)
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Maple, ON We are looking for someone to come 3-4 days per week between 10 am-1 pm to take care of our 9-month-old baby. The responsibilities are: - making lunch and snacks for him - feedi [...]
St. Albert, AB -Install, repair domestic and commercial plumbing fixtures and systems. -Residential, Commercial plumbing installations and renovations. -Experience with service and repair on reside [...]
Newcastle, ON Part-time The Old Newcastle House is currently seeking a self-motivated, hard-working prep cook to join our team. The ideal candidate would have previous cooking experience and be a fa [...]
Keswick, ON Full-time, Part-time Self serve Esso gas station in Keswick is hiring part-time and full-time cashiers. Various shifts are available including weekdays and weekends, daytime and afternoo [...]