Part-time, Temporary, Contract
$24 an hour
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
For more information about the Department of Visual Arts, please visit our website at http://www.uwo.ca/visarts/
Under the direction of the Chair and teaching faculty members, the Printmaking Technician is responsible for developing
and delivering printmaking orientation workshops for students in Visual Arts. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining
and monitoring equipment and facilities in the printmaking studies and for maintaining and monitoring safe procedures
and specific technical processes as they pertain to the printmaking equipment and studio areas.
- Undergraduate university degree in fine arts, with a specialization in printmaking
- Two years of experience in printmaking and providing technical demonstrations in a group environment
Skills, Abilities & Expertise:
- Knowledge of printmaking techniques, materials and equipment
- Knowledge of chemicals used in printmaking
- Knowledge of University health and safety policies and procedures
- Ability to follow processes with high attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively in a group situation
- Ability to employ a systematic and efficient approach to work
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and follow through on work assignments
- Personable and courteous in working relationships with faculty, staff and students
- Demonstrated ability to understand and resolve issues
- Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of the team to achieve department goals
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at [email protected] or phone (phone hidden).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we expect this position to be filled internally.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
London, ON Part-time, Temporary, Contract $35.31 an hour About Western With an international reputation for success, Western ranks as one of Canada's top research-intensive universities. Our resea [...]
London, ON Part-time, Temporary, Contract $21.70 an hour About Western With an international reputation for success, Western ranks as one of Canada's top research-intensive universities. Our resea [...]
London, ON Part-time, Temporary, Contract $16 an hour About Western Considered Canada's most beautiful University, Western's main campus spans 400 acres of Gothic-style buildings mixed with modern [...]
London, ON Part-time, Temporary About Western Western University delivers an academic experience second to none. Western challenges the best and brightest faculty, staff and students to commit to t [...]