University of Alberta.
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits.
The Coordinator of the Sport Performance Centre reports to the Head Coach Sport Conditioning/Manager Alberta Sport Development Centre (ASDC) – Capital Region. The Coordinator works in conjunction with the Head Coach to maintain the safe operation of the Sport Performanace Centre and Sport Performance Services.
The Coordinator will facilitate and support a broad range of facility operations, performance services, and events. The Coordinator is responsible for monitoring, scheduling and evaluating facilities, services and events; managing spaces; and assisting in the scheduling of casual staff.
- Assist in the development and ongoing review of Sport Performance Centre policies and procedures
- Assist with the office administrative duties such as answering telephone, preparing annual summaries, reports, documentation and statistics, marketing/ information brochures, ordering supplies and equipment to ensure professional administrative procedures and facility public relations
- Assist in the development and ongoing review of new facility procedures including facility/program manuals and communication devices required to create understanding by staff members
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of the following administrative documentation: monthly equipment and facility maintenance logbooks; accident reports
- Assist with the maintenance of staff records, staff certifications and training documentation
- Assist in the training, evaluation, and indirect supervision of casual staff
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills when situated at the Sport Performance Centre customer service desks and/or in activity spaces
- Ensures that all Sport Performance Centre staff practice excellent public relations on a consistent basis for the Sport Performance Centre, Saville Community Sports Centre, the Faculty of Kinesiology, Sport, and Recreation, and the University of Alberta
- Assists in equipment and facility orientations
- Ensure that facility and equipment maintenance issues are communicated to the maintenance personnel
- Assist in supervising the effective operation of Sport Performance facilities and troubleshoot problems as necessary
- Coordination and scheduling of Sport Performance and Return to Play services for athletes, teams, and varsity sports
- Assist in the planning and marketing of sport performance programs and facility offerings
- Assist in providing coaching services to athletes, sport performance programs, and youth and field trip programs
- Maintains a current understanding of new industry standards and developments in facility operation and sport performance services
- Responsible for ensuring that the fitness facility and service standards satisfy not only the Faculty and Campus and Community Recreation standards, policies and procedures, but exceed industry standards where possible
- Assist in the delivery of a variety of sport performance courses and programs to meet the needs of a variety of user groups as needed
- Creates and maintains strategic alliances and partnerships with internal and external client groups
- Develop and participate in promotional activities and events across campus designed to enhance student and community awareness in the area of sport performance
- Responsible for communication with various user groups and the general public with the goal of increasing program registrations, service sales and facility usage
- Assist in the development of online/website sport performance content
- Responsible for sport performance service(s) invoicing and accounts receivables
- Minimum High School diploma; diploma and/or Bachelor’s Degree in Kinesiology, Recreation or related field preferred
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR ‘C’ is required
- CSEP – CPT Certification is an asset
- CSEP – CEP Certification is an asset
- NSCA – CSCS is an asset
- Experience in Recreation Facility Management Software Intelligenz is an asset
- Fitness Centre operational experience is an asset
- Experience in personal training and/or coaching is an asset
Along with a resume, qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining qualifications and demonstrating a passion for customer service. Applications without a resume and cover letter will not be considered.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Edmonton, AB POSTDOCTORAL POSITION: THE IMPACTS OF ATMOSPHERIC DUST DEPOSITION ON THE SPECIATION OF TRACE ELEMENTS IN SNOWMELT AND PEATLAND SURFACE WATERS Position Description Open pit bitume [...]
Edmonton, AB $40,000 a year POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW IN NEUROIMAGING AND GAIT ANALYSIS The Department of Medicine (Division of Neurology) and Department of Biomedical Engineering at the University [...]
Edmonton, AB This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits. The Coordinator of the Sport Performance Centre reports to the Head Coach Sport C [...]
Edmonton, AB This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits. The University of Alberta recently launched its Real World Evidence Unit and is s [...]