$35,244 a year
Do you want to be a part of a team that helps injured people get better and get back to life?
Do you have experience building strong, trusting relationships with clients and co-workers?
Can you organize and manage a diverse, high-volume workload to meet deadlines and changing demands?
At WCB-Alberta, we make a meaningful impact in the lives of working Albertans. We are a not-for-profit organization legislated to administer the workers' compensation system for the province. When any Alberta worker is hurt on the job, we are here to help. We provide compensation and benefits for workplace injuries and occupational diseases to over 1.7 million workers.
we work hard to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers. At WCB-Alberta, you too can make a difference.
Responsibilities:Your File Clerk responsibilities:
- File employer and claim file folders in numerical sequence
- Action requests for the retrieval of microfilmed files and for copies of image files
- Locate employer/claim files, update tracking systems and distribute files using various computer programs including MS Excel, Word, Lotus Notes, and creating and sending digital data (ex. tiff, pdf, wmv)
- Create new file volumes; open/reopen employer accounts
- Process and distribute faxes and printed materials
Your Customer Records Processor responsibilities:
- Review, identify, and sort claim related documents
- Input information into WCB computer systems
- Scan batches by date, time and priority of form type
- Perform preventative daily maintenance of high speed scanners/printers
- Catalogue batches for archive and retrieval
- A high school diploma and experience related to data verification and processing (data entry) or in a mail sorting environment
- Records management courses are considered an asset
- Basic knowledge of medical anatomy and terminology an asset
- Computer skills are essential with accurate alphanumeric keyboarding. Candidates will be tested for speed and accuracy, requiring a minimum performance of 35WPM and 5000 KSPH
- Reliability, time management, attention to detail, customer service and team work are integral to success in this position
File Clerk: Salary Range 1 Start Rate: $33,216
Customer Records Processor: Salary Range 2/3 Start Rate: $35,244
Over 96% of our staff agrees that WCB is a great place to work. We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, work-life balance, supportive leadership and a caring and collaborative work environment. We have talented employees who work hard and we want to make sure they’re happy.
Candidate prequalification testing is required for all shortlisted candidates. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security clearance as a mandatory condition of employment. Long-term temporary positions are 6 months in duration and may be extended or made permanent based on business needs.
To be considered for this position, please apply online quoting competition #J0819-0296 by submitting a cover letter and resume. External candidates will also be considered.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
In the Facilities Management department, we take pride in our buildings and grounds and provide a welcoming, service-oriented, clean and safe environment for our students, faculty and staff. Gener [...]
Position Overview: The Continuous Improvement Specialist is the master of process for Canada Goose business providing analytical support to functions across the entire business. Identifies and impro [...]
Montréal, QC Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is [...]
Ottawa, ON Part-time Location: 1980 Baseline Rd, Ottawa, Ontario, K2C0C6 The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just l [...]