Nicola Valley Institute of Technology.
$44,095 - $53,219 a year
Guided by principles of integrity, shared responsibility, consistency, and collaboration, the Enrolment Services Team supports learner aspirations through the delivery of quality and accessible Indigenous support services in a safe, fun and holistic environment. NVIT anticipates a requirement for a full-time ongoing Recruitment, Admissions & Registration Officer at our Merritt campus, and invites applications from qualified individuals.
The Recruitment, Admissions & Registration Officer (RARO) is a member of the Enrolment Services Team and is responsible for the student recruitment, admissions and registration functions of NVIT.
The RARO represents NVIT at career fairs and other promotional events, and participates in various recruitment activities throughout the province for which travel is required. The RARO also processes prospect inquiries and applications, admits students, assists students with registration processes, maintains program applicant lists, and prepares registration and information packages to send to prospective and current students. The RARO is the first point of contact for NVIT, which includes switchboard, face-to-face, and electronic inquiries. The RARO may also be required to complete some of the duties of the Communications and Events officer including web site maintenance, production of promotional materials and organizing institute-wide events.
- assist in the planning and organizing of recruitment schedules, marketing materials and communications
- host events and activities both on-campus and off-campus in partnership with First Nation Communities, Aboriginal organizations, and educational institutes within the K-12 and post-secondary systems
- provide documented, detailed plans and reports on institutional events/activities hosted both on and off campus
- represent NVIT at trade shows exhibits
- recruit at high schools, attend career fairs, and other promotional events
- assist with planning and hosting of campus-wide events
- host group tours
- data enter prospect inquiries with a high level of accuracy
- review and report on recruitment and event activities
Admissions and Registration:
- data entry with a high level of accuracy
- process application and application packages and manage application and admissions
- register, add, drop, and withdraw students from courses
- provide technical support to students (assisting with access to mynvit.ca account, Self-Registration, Application for Graduation, etc.
- build course sections in Colleague
- process credentials and transcript requests
- handle all inquiries concerning application requests and procedures, student records and registration, general program information, and general inquiries about NVIT
- create and maintain student record files
- report on application, admission and registration data to Associate Registrar
- book student appointments and manage calendars in Outlook
- relevant Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of one year experience working in the BC public post-secondary system preferably in a recruiting and/or admissions and registration environment, equivalent education and experience may be considered;
- extensive computer systems experience with proficiency in the following application software: Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook), Sharepoint, Colleague, and Web Content Management Systems;
- a detail-oriented ability to analyze, process and disseminate information
through diverse mediums;
- strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills;
- a demonstrated commitment to quality service to students, the public, and the NVIT community;
- ability to work and problem-solve both independently and in a team environment;
- proven ability to multi-task, establish work priorities and to work in a high volume, detailed environment with attention to accuracy and timelines
- valid driver’s license and a willingness to travel frequently; and
- demonstrated understanding of Indigenous ways of knowing.
As an Indigenous centre for excellence, NVIT inspires learners to strengthen community.
NVIT gives high priority to Aboriginal candidates. All applicants should be experienced in working with Aboriginal people.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
In the Facilities Management department, we take pride in our buildings and grounds and provide a welcoming, service-oriented, clean and safe environment for our students, faculty and staff. Gener [...]
Position Overview: The Continuous Improvement Specialist is the master of process for Canada Goose business providing analytical support to functions across the entire business. Identifies and impro [...]
Montréal, QC Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is [...]
Ottawa, ON Part-time Location: 1980 Baseline Rd, Ottawa, Ontario, K2C0C6 The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just l [...]