Shoppers Drug Mart.
Grande Prairie, AB
9930 92Nd Street, Grande Prairie, Alberta, T8X 0E7
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
To provide prompt and superior customer service at the retail postal outlet.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides superior and efficient customer service
- Answers enquiries and resolves customer complaints regarding postal services
- Abides by the customer service program (SERVE) as prescribed by Canada Post Corporation
- Maintains a neat and organized postal service area and presents proper image to public according to Uniform Policy and Dress Code Guidelines (eg. clean appearance, approved uniform, name badge)
- Ability to upsell and recommend postal services and promotions to all customers
- Ensures loss prevention systems and procedures are performed according to guidelines
- Controls cash, money order, and stamp inventory in accordance with prescribed cash handling policies and procedures
- Maintains proper security of cash and mail
- Assists in maintaining and controlling the inventory of stamps, money orders, registered mail, etc. in compliance with the policies and procedures of Shoppers Drug Mart and Canada Post Corporation • Maintains and controls the cash register in the department in compliance with policies and procedures
- Complies with all health and safety regulations
- Complies with all store policies and procedures
- Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures and ensures they are executed in the department
- Perform other duties as required including Cash duties
Planning, Judgement and Decision Making
- Problem solving to ensure customer satisfaction
- Plan work to maximize efficiency and minimize costs
- Troubleshoot cash and tally differences
- Experience with registration and postal authorization issues
- Customer service oriented
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate
- Register Skills
- Organized and detailed oriented
- Efficient time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Commitment to providing customer service
- Ability to work flexible shifts which may include nights and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladder
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. , we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Type of Role:
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Burlington, ON Location: 1450 Headon Road, Burlington, Ontario, L7M 3Z5 Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep [...]
Waterloo, ON Part-time Location: 600 Laurelwood Drive, Unit #150, Waterloo, Ontario, N2V 0A2 Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in yo [...]
London, ON Part-time Location: 1680 Richmond St N, Unit L104, London, Ontario, N6G 3Y9 Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your com [...]
Edmonton, AB Location: 2650 James Mowatt Trail Sw, Edmonton, Alberta, T6W 1A8 Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, an [...]