Toronto, ON m5j 1v6
About Computershare Communication Services
Computershare Communication Services helps 10,000 companies around the world communicate with their key stakeholders – from their customers, employees, shareholders and intermediaries. To enhance customer loyalty, business growth, cash flow and meet compliance obligations, among other objectives - our clients rely on stakeholder communications to reach their target audience. Typically, these represent a significant investment - one that we optimize using simple, integrated solutions that streamline processes and tap into market intelligence.
Scope of the Position
Reporting to the Software Development Manager,
the incumbent will facilitate requirements gathering and systems testing with internal and external clients. The role will work closely with staff from all other departments to ensure that I.T. projects are properly scoped, defined, tested, and implemented.
- Consult with internal and external clients to identify and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, data scope, usage, formatting, and security requirements.
- Document requirements specifications and functional specifications using MS Word templates and Visio for flow-charting.
- Quantify business and systems impacts.
- Qualify business justifications for each project.
- Design User Interfaces, reports and detailed processes.
- Write and maintain requirement specifications for new or modified business systems.
- Consult and coordinate with developers to design and develop automated business systems.
- Provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures.
- Create or assist others in the writing of user documentation, instructions, and procedures.
- Review user documentation.
- Assist with system testing and coordinating User Acceptance Testing.
- Assist in implementing training processes.
- Assists with demos/presentations for new prospective clients if required.
- Report Project progress to the manager and to the business unit managers on a regular basis.
- Research and investigate directly in system programs to determine impact and potential solution.
- Monitor and document post-implementation problems and revision requests.
- Prepare time and cost estimates for completing projects.
- Report on the progress of projects to senior management and client representatives.
- Provide timely and constructive feedback regarding progress or issues to: peers, programmers, project manager, and manager.
Problems lack prior definition. Solutions may involve strategic thinking or abstract reasoning where precedent or policy may not be established, or it may involve the development of new theoretical opinions or techniques. The Business Analyst must be able to identify potential problems and find a solution that removes the risk from Computershare and clients. They must be able to deliver creative solutions to technical problems and negotiate their implementation amongst various clients.
Education and Experience Required
- A diploma or degree in Information Technology.
- Minimum one year experience in a Business Analyst role.
- Proven experience working as Programmer Analyst, with at least three year’s experience in programming.
- Ability to translate business requirements into unambiguous technical specifications and produce quality documentation.
- Strong customer focus and demonstrated ability to deliver outcomes that meet client expectations.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision, but also in a team environment. Ability to develop positive, working relationships.
- Ability to co-ordinate multiple tasks and exhibit strong time management skills to achieve successful outcomes with attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude, self-motivation and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work in a live production environment.
- The incumbent must be well presented, well spoken, and decisive as interaction with internal clients is an essential and important part of the position. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
At Computershare we invite you to share our vision and our commitment to excellence in everything that we do. Our people are entrepreneurial and innovative and serve our clients with precision and reliability because they count on us to deliver, every time.
Computershare sees diversity as a source of strength. The more different perspectives we have, the better equipped we’ll be to meet the demands of our diverse global customer base. We want every person who joins our team, every customer and every supplier to feel welcome. We believe in equality for everyone, regardless of age, ethnicity, gender identity, race, religion, disability or sexual orientation. That applies throughout our company, around the world with no exceptions, regardless of differences. We will hire, develop, reward, promote and retain people purely on the basis of their talents, commitment, potential and the results they achieve. We will work hard to make sure everyone is included within our organization, removing barriers and obstacles to give everyone an equal opportunity to succeed.
Computershare is committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you are a candidate requiring an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at [email protected]
If you want to be part of our leading brand, please apply for this position by clicking on the "Apply" button and following the application process.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
London, ON We have a unique opportunity for someone to contribute their talents and strengths as a Case Coordinator- Class Actions A COMPANY TO BE PROUD OF At Computershare we invite you to share [...]
Toronto, ON m5j 1v6 The key duties and responsibilities are as follows: - Responsible for reviewing, researching and analyzing all tax records and files for all tax-related payments made to securi [...]
Toronto, ON m5j 1v6 Quality Assurance Analyst About Computershare Communication Services Computershare Communication Services helps 10,000 companies around the world communicate with their key stak [...]
Calgary, AB Computershare (ASX: CPU) is a global market leader in transfer agency and share registration, employee equity plans, mortgage servicing, proxy solicitation and stakeholder communications. [...]