Reporting to the General Manager and/or designate, the Receptionist/Scheduler performs all duties in a manner which promotes a high standard of customer service and professionalism at the facility. This includes all aspects of reception and office procedures. The Receptionist/Scheduler is responsible for adjusting schedules and filling vacant shifts. In addition, may also be responsible to monitor and respond to the Assisted Living tenant emergency call system (24 hour “Emergency Responder”), while on duty.
Include but not limited to;
1. Organizes and maintains the functions of the reception desk.
2. Answers and transfers all telephone calls in a pleasant,
friendly, and helpful manner. Takes messages as necessary.
3. Greets and communicates with residents, guests, staff, volunteers, and visitors in a courteous, professional manner.
4. Assists the Administrative Coordinator as required in the clerical aspects of resident billing, comfort fund, invoicing and payroll etc…
5. Provides clerical support for other departments as required.
6. Responsible for the booking of rooms for meetings/training.
7. Arranges shift coverage for short calls absences (less than 24 hours notice); filling the vacancy following established facility guidelines/procedures. Arranges coverage for longer term planned absences (leave of absences, vacations, vacant positions).
8. Works with/reports to General Manager/Director of Care regarding any unfilled shifts as necessary.
9. On a periodic basis, reviews with General Manager/Director of Care the casual call in list and any concerns regarding staff availability.
10. Monitors and responds to the Assisted Living tenant emergency call system (dependent on facility).
11. Follows policies and procedures of the facility. Maintains confidentiality with staff and resident information.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Grade 12 education.
2. Graduation from a 12 month Secretarial/Administration program.
3. 2 years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
4. Basic accounting experience an asset.
5. Computer literate with intermediate to advanced Excel and Word.
6. Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently and understand verbal and written instructions.
7. Customer service oriented; interest in working with seniors.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to type 45 wpm.
2. Ability to plan, organize and prioritize.
3. Knowledge of general office procedures.
4. Ability to manage high volume of work and manage several tasks at once.
5. Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
6. Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy, empathy and patience in providing quality services to residents.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Langley, BC Part-time, Permanent Position Summary Reporting to the Administrative Coordinator and/or designate, the Receptionist/Scheduler will be responsible for all aspects of reception and offic [...]
Calgary, AB Position Summary Accreditation Canada 96.5% Certification with Accommodation- leader who understands the need for alignment and best practiced within a larger organization. About the [...]
Surrey, BC Part-time, Permanent Position Summary Reporting to the General Manager and/or designate, the Receptionist/Scheduler performs all duties in a manner which promotes a high standard of cust [...]
Victoria, BC Casual Position Summary Reporting to the General Manager and/or designate, the Front Desk Receptionist is responsible for all aspects of reception and office procedures as outlined by [...]