Worker Type: Employee
Group: Production Engineering Department
Job Post End Date: 08/31/2019
We’re a Canadian integrated oil and natural gas company headquartered in Calgary. We’re committed to maximizing value by responsibly developing our assets in a safe, innovative and efficient way.
Our operations include oil sands projects in northern Alberta, which use specialized methods to drill and pump the oil to the surface, and established natural gas and oil production in Alberta and British Columbia. We also have 50 percent ownership in two U.S. refineries.
Our shares trade under the symbol CVE, and are listed on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges.
Production Engineering is looking for a Manager, Process De-Oiling (PDO) and Offsites to lead a dynamic team of Calgary and Field based engineers. As a member of the Production Engineering Leadership Team, your primary responsibility is to work collaboratively with operations to identify and evaluate optimization opportunities for pads, pipelines and PDO, in both Foster Creek and Christina Lake.
This opportunity will appeal to an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and who is an effective collaborator and influencer; partnerships across many working groups is critical to the success of this role and team mandate.
Work Environment :
This is a full time employee position based in our downtown Calgary office.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team of field and Calgary based engineers
- Accountable for the identification and evaluation of optimization opportunities for pads, pipelines, and plant process
- Accountable for the chemical operating spend for both facilities including forecasting of consumption and cost, assisting in contract negotiations as well as identification of new chemistry’s and/or new vendors
- Development of long term plans for increasing capacity and operating efficiency
- Working with Operations and Production Engineering to optimize the inlet to the facility based on current facility constraints.
- Working with long range planning to minimize the impacts of planned outages
- Work with downstream partners to ensure we are maximizing the value for our product
- Providing daily operations support to the PDO and Offsites area work teams (AWT’s).
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Minimum of 10+ Years engineering experience with exposure to thermal operations being an asset
- Professional Engineer, accredited with APEGA
- Working knowledge of SAGD process and facility design
- Strong ability to interact/influence operations team
- A proven track record of driving results across many working groups
- Demonstrated leadership skills to inspire staff, achieve required outcomes, develop self and others, effectively manage performance for growth, lead change and continuous improvement
- Adaptable and thrives on challenge
- Values and fosters inclusion and diversity to create new and improved solutions and ideas
- Strong background in both personal and process safety management systems
- Strong understanding of change management systems and processes.
To be considered for a position, please click Apply and create an account or sign in to your Cenovus Careers profile.
Immediately following successful submission of your online application, you will receive an online notification confirming Cenovus's receipt of your resume.
Only those applicants who apply directly to a posted position and are selected for an interview will be contacted. We will not accept agency or third-party candidate submissions.
To follow the status of your application, log in to your Cenovus Careers profile and click on the appropriate job under ‘My Applications’.
Interested in this opportunity? Click the Apply link below.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Calgary, AB Worker Type: Employee Group: HSER Programs & Reporting Department Job Post End Date: 08/16/2019 About Cenovus We’re a Canadian integrated oil and natural gas company headquarter [...]
Calgary, AB Worker Type: Employee Group: Production Engineering Department Job Post End Date: 08/31/2019 About Cenovus We’re a Canadian integrated oil and natural gas company headquartered [...]
Calgary, AB Worker Type: Contingent Worker Group: System Controls & Monitoring Department Job Post End Date: 08/26/2019 About Cenovus We’re a Canadian integrated oil and natural gas company [...]
Calgary, AB Worker Type: Contingent Worker Group: Construction & Commissioning Department Job Post End Date: 08/19/2019 About Cenovus We’re a Canadian integrated oil and natural gas company [...]