Part-time, Temporary, Contract
$14 an hour
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
Western’s Off-Campus Housing Service is committed to providing exceptional customer service and as a resource based department helping thousands of students every year. Our service offers rental listings for students to search for off-campus housing, advice/mediation related to issues living off-campus and help to international students in their search for living accommodations.
NOTE: This position is expected to be filled internally.
Reporting to the Housing Mediation Officer, the Off-Campus Housing Assistant (OCHA) will provide support in the areas of administrative support, data entry and answering inquiries from international students searching for accommodations.
- Assist with the integration of students in their search for housing as they transition to London
- Provide information on housing options, issues, events and activities that international students may find of interest while staying in London
- Promote the use of helpful community agencies and seek out resources to meet the needs that arise from individuals
- Work with various Western University departments/organizations to develop and deliver information to international students
- Work closely with the Off-Campus Housing Clerk and Off-Campus Housing Coordinator to ensure information is correct and also assist them in their duties as directed by the Housing Mediation Officer
- Previous customer service experience and/or administrative experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Written and verbal communication skills to express ideas clearly, and adapt communication style to suit the situation and audience
- Ability to maintain a positive, outgoing attitude with genuine customer service orientation
- High attention to detail and level of accuracy
- Reliable and dependable with the ability to consistently work assigned schedule
- Ability to work well under pressure and use good judgment in assessing difficult situations
- Demonstrates integrity and works in accordance with Western's policies and procedures
- Ability to multi-task and maintain an organized work environment
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office, with the ability to learn and use new software programs as required
- Personable and courteous in working relationships with colleagues, students and the public
- Ability to prioritize and organize a fluctuating work load
- Ability to work in a manner that is compliant with confidentiality requirements as applicable
- A strong record of teamwork with the motivation and ability to work independently with little supervision
Western offers a broad and exciting variety of part-time and temporary employment opportunities with ample room for job exploration and growth. Within our beautiful campus, you are part of a progressive work environment that promotes work/life balance including access to our state-of-the-art recreation centre. Apply for an opportunity to be part of the Western community and contribute to its success!
Applying at Western
To ensure that your application is given full consideration, please complete all relevant sections of the application. In addition, you can choose to supplement your application with a cover letter and current resume.
Consideration of applicants will include an assessment of previous performance, experience, and qualifications. Applicants should have oral communication skills in English.
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at [email protected] or phone (phone hidden).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
This position is expected to be filled internally.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
London, ON Part-time, Temporary, Contract $35.31 an hour About Western With an international reputation for success, Western ranks as one of Canada's top research-intensive universities. Our resea [...]
London, ON Part-time, Temporary, Contract $21.70 an hour About Western With an international reputation for success, Western ranks as one of Canada's top research-intensive universities. Our resea [...]
London, ON Part-time, Temporary, Contract $16 an hour About Western Considered Canada's most beautiful University, Western's main campus spans 400 acres of Gothic-style buildings mixed with modern [...]
London, ON Part-time, Temporary About Western Western University delivers an academic experience second to none. Western challenges the best and brightest faculty, staff and students to commit to t [...]