Business Systems Analyst - (190000I6)
Move, Build, Grow your career!
As the premier global asset management and disposition company, Ritchie Bros. helps thousands of people around the world buy and sell heavy equipment, trucks, and other assets every month. With our multiple onsite and online selling platforms and commitment to first-class customer service, Ritchie Bros. is trusted worldwide for making buying and selling easy, efficient, fair, and transparent. If you’re an innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit, we want you to join our growing team – employed in a wide variety of positions from sales to operations to corporate functions – as we transform the global used equipment market.
Join us on our journey and move forward with us, build your success, and grow your career.
We’re looking for a Business Systems Analyst to join our team in Burnaby, BC.
This is a contractor position.
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for building and maturing the systems analysis practice within the program team. They meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business and functional requirements, system goals, and identify and resolve business systems issues.
In this role you’ll:
- Create and/or groom a product backlog ensuring that fixes and enhancements are prioritized and delivered per an agreed-upon schedule.
- Manage issues reported from UAT, Pilot, and Production. Liaising with stakeholders, conduct root cause analysis. Provide transparency on the assignment and status of issues. Drive the resolution through to Hot Fix, data fix, and/or the long-term fix.
- Create systems models, specifications, diagrams and charts to provide direction to system programmers.
- Assist in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Help manage the product roadmap for the assigned product and business function.
- Responsible for developing and maturing the System Analysis practice within the Program team.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Work with business and technical teams to understand and improve process including documentation of, and enhancements to, SOP (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Create system design proposals.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
- Conduct research on hardware and software products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting comprehensive feasibility studies including detailed documentation of procedures and personnel utilization with recommendations identifying specific computer application areas.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Conduct gap analysis.
- Actively support the RB Unreserved Commitment to Safety: to send everyone home, every day, the way they came to work, by taking personal responsibility for your safety and safety of your team, co-workers and customers.
Here’s what you bring:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information science, management information systems, or business administration and/or 5+ years related work experience.
- Desirable: Business Analysis certification
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies and the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to work with varying stakeholders to reach consensus on scope and timelines.
- Understanding of the principles of MVP (minimally viable product) or MLP (minimally loveable product).
- Desirable: Working technical knowledge of programming languages (Java, .NET or APEX) and/or Salesforce knowledge and experience.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
- Extensive experience with core software applications.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Good project management skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Montréal, QC Field Asset Specialist - Eastern Canada - (190000HF) Description Move, Build, Grow your career! As the premier global asset management and disposition company, Ritchie Bros. helps t [...]
Burnaby, BC Business Systems Analyst - (190000I6) Description Move, Build, Grow your career! As the premier global asset management and disposition company, Ritchie Bros. helps thousands of peopl [...]
Burnaby, BC Project Analyst - (190000IA) Description Move, Build, Grow your career! As the premier global asset management and disposition company, Ritchie Bros. helps thousands of people around [...]
Burnaby, BC Temporary Internet Auction Coordinator(16 month contract) - (190000HL) Description Move, Build, Grow your career! As the premier global asset management and disposition company, Ritc [...]