Servus Credit Union.
$46,314 - $65,372 a year
Financial Advisor I/II
- Are you a people person who can build great relationships?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment with specific sales targets to shoot for?
- Are you strong, confident and competitive, and a positive influence on those around you?
- Do your sharp instincts and skills make you successful at closing sales quickly and smoothly?
- Are you a self-starter who can see opportunities and find great solutions?
- Do you love to work and see what matters to you in our company’s values?
Then we’re made for each other.
The Financial Advisor I is an intermediate level member of a dynamic retail branch team,
and plays an integral role in the delivery of superior personalized service to our member owners. The primary objective of the FA I position is to develop long term relationships with members by building trust and delivering customized financial solutions that meet their needs. The FA I is developing their knowledge and their technical expertise to deliver all financial products/services, including lending and investments. The successful FA I will educate our members and staff, using wealth management and debt management concepts, and identify opportunities to refer or sell additional products and services. They actively participate in individual, branch and corporate campaigns.
This position supports our corporate brand by creating an environment in which our members feel at home, perceive our staff as knowledgeable, and view Servus Credit Union as a good corporate citizen. As an ambassador of our credit union, they strive for excellence as an FA I, and play a vital role in enhancing the financial well-being of our members, and the growth and profitability of our credit union.
What does a Financial Advisor do?
- Promotes products like loans, mortgages, term deposits, mutual funds, credit cards, and account packages.
- Provides exceptional service to members every chance they get
- Knows all our products, services, policies and procedures inside and out
- Sees sales opportunities and knows how to act on them to close sales
- Takes membership and credit applications
- Achieves individual sales goals and sets their own monthly job-related goals
- Provides great advice to our members to help improve their overall financial well-being
- Uses their discretion to approve credit and make sound financial decisions
What skills does a Financial Advisor need to have?
- Retail banking and credit assessment experience
- The ability to work quickly without sacrificing accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- A gift for identifying service or product referral opportunities
- A knack for answering questions clearly and solving problems
- Post-secondary education in Finance or related studies are a bonus
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and the ability to develop long-term relationships with members, potential members and co-workers
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
- Prior retail banking and credit assessment experience is essential. The ability to work efficiently without sacrificing accuracy is essential.
Education and Training:
- High School Diploma is required
- Professional Financial Planner (PFP Route)
- Certified Financial Planning (CFP Route)
Any other special requirements necessary to do the job:
The business may from time to time ask for branch and/or department support for special projects and/or areas experiencing staff shortages. All employees may be asked to volunteer to assist in areas of need during these times. These assignments could result in a change of hours, location, and/or travel.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Edmonton, AB $46,314 - $65,372 a year Financial Advisor I/II - Are you a people person who can build great relationships? - Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment with specific sales targe [...]
Edmonton, AB Part-time, Permanent $18.45 - $23.06 an hour Member Service Representative What is a Member Service Representative? Servus Credit Union's customers are also member owners so we refer [...]
Edmonton, AB Part-time $18.45 - $23.06 an hour Member Service Representative What is a Member Service Representative? Servus Credit Union's customers are also member owners so we refer to our cus [...]
Mundare, AB Part-time, Permanent $18.45 - $23.06 an hour Member Service Representative What is a Member Service Representative? Servus Credit Union's customers are also member owners so we refer [...]