Vecova is a leading edge registered non-profit charitable service and research organization that has been meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and the community-at-large since 1969. We are a recognized leader in the Community Disability Services sector and are an affiliate institute of the University of Calgary. We provide a wide range of supports and services (e.g. Living Supports Services; Employment and Enterprise Services; and Wellness Services) in Calgary and the Bow Valley Corridor for persons with disabilities so they may reach their fullest potential and benefit from the highest possible quality of life.
Joining Vecova as a Job Coach means becoming an integral part of our dedicated Employment Services team.
The Employment Services team provides quality, direct support to Vecova clients who are looking for competitive employment, as well as support for employers, in the Calgary area. Job Coaches at Vecova provide excellent services and supports to adults with disabilities in a variety of settings; they require strong organizational skills and the ability to establish collaborative and effective relationships with others.
The Job Coach will:
- Assess the client’s employment readiness and identify employment skills and supports required to be competitively employed and assist in developing those skills
- Support the client to explore, obtain and maintain employment
- Build and maintain professional relationships with employers
- Support employers by acting as a resource regarding persons with a disability, and assist to customize the supported employee’s job
- Ongoing review of the supported employee's performance and support required to gain the skills needed to do their job
- Diploma and/or Degree in Community Rehabilitation, Disability Studies or a related social science
- Minimum of two years of experience working with individuals with disabilities or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience
- Well developed and effective communication skills (written and oral)
- A vehicle and class 5 Drivers Licence mandatory
Why Join Vecova?
Vecova attracts talented people who are dedicated to supporting individuals with disabilities and work to assist them to achieve their goals and enhance their quality of life. Our organization is proud to offer competitive wages and a flexible benefits program. We have a paid comprehensive training program, and advocate taking action to protect the safety of our employees and clients.
“Our employees are our greatest assets. We value each other. We value excellence. What we accomplish as an organization is the direct result of the hard work and dedication of our employees” – Joan Lee, CEO
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to https://vecova.microsoftcrmportals.com. This position will remain open until the suitable candidate is found.
Our workforce is diverse and inclusive. We thank all candidates for their interest; however we regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Salary$$46.89HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week Terms of employment Permanent Full time Weekend, Morning Start date As soon as possible Vacancies 1 Vacancy Job no. 1288778 Source J [...]
Ironclad Developments Inc. is currently accepting applications for the position of: Employee Programs and Travel Coordinator to join our growing team. Our company is built on a foundation of trust, ho [...]
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating wo [...]
Portfolio: Agriculture and Agri-Food Organization: Farm Credit Canada Position title: Chairperson Type: Part-time Per diem: $410.00 - $485.00 Annual retainer: $10,500.00 - $12,400.00 [...]