Please Note: If you are a current Algonquin College employee, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Manager, Accounts Payable and Payroll
Operational Accounting and Payroll (Mary Brenda Klerks)
Sc heduled Weekly Hours:
Anticipated Start Date:
August 19, 2019
Length of Contract:
This job posting is now accepting applications from all qualified individuals.
Posting Closing Date:
August 19, 2019
Please note: jobs are posted until 12:01 am on the job closing date.
The position is responsible for electronically matching invoices with receiving reports and purchase orders (Three Way Match) and verifying the documentation necessary to initiate a payment to an
External supplier for goods and/or services received.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Generating payments for departmental and/or College purchases of supplies, services and/or equipment in accordance with College policy and procedures with minimal supervision or direction
- Comparing invoice information with purchase order for accuracy of prices.
- Checking receiving documentation to ensure that correct quantities have been received.
- Allocating supplier credits and discounts to the appropriate department.
- Verifying vendor addresses to ensure that payments are remitted to the correct location.
- Self-assessing Provincial Sales Tax and/or Goods & Services Tax that has not been charged/included on invoices from out of province or out of country.
- Following up on match exceptions due to discrepancies between invoices and purchase orders and/or discrepancies between invoices and receiving reports.
- Initiating contact with staff and suppliers to research and resolve discrepancies.
- Responding to inquiries regarding vendor payments.
- Providing explanation of College policy and procedures to internal and external customers.
- Answering inquiries from budget holders concerning budget allocations.
- Dealing with suppliers and staff in a respectful business like manner.
- Responding to department requests for copies of paid invoices.
- Assisting auditors upon request for invoice information.
- Minimum 1 year certificate in bookkeeping or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 year experience in an accounting office environment.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
** This position is paid at Payband D
** This vacancy is for P13870
Algonquin College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer an inclusive work environment and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. However internal candidates will receive first consideration based on qualifications. If you are invited for an interview, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you may require. Workplace accommodations are available. While we thank all those who apply, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
For a copy of the complete job description please contact Human Resources at [email protected]
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Ottawa, ON Please Note: If you are a current Algonquin College employee, apply to this job via the Workday application. Reports to: Manager, Student Financial Support Department: Student Fina [...]
Ottawa, ON Part-time, Fly-In/Fly-Out Please Note: If you are a current Algonquin College employee, apply to this job via the Workday application. Reports to: Academic Manager, Community Studies, [...]
Ottawa, ON Please Note: If you are a current Algonquin College employee, apply to this job via the Workday application. Reports to: Director, Physical Resources Department: Physical Resources [...]
Ottawa, ON Part-time, Temporary Please Note: If you are a current Algonquin College employee, apply to this job via the Workday application. Reports to: Manager, Recruitment Department: Stud [...]