Don Mills, ON
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customer's mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive,
engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
WESCAM’s Applied Physics Specialties (APS) division is a design and manufacturing company specializing in custom opto-mechanical lens assemblies and aspheric components. APS is located in Don Mills, Ontario.
Innovative and vertically integrated, APS offers a unique combination of optical and mechanical technologies that take ideas from concept to working prototypes. The design and fabrication, diamond turning, CNC generating, high-speed conventional and computer-controlled polishing, coating and assembly processes are performed to very strict tolerances and conform to ISO 9001 standards. To experience more, go to http://www.WESCAM.com
- Monitor and support the planning and overall Master Scheduling functions for Sustaining, NPI, and CSG
- Facilitate the every other day Order Status meeting, ensuring on time delivery for customer required dates
- Provide timely updates to the demand Organization related to these orders
- Support Bill of Material change affectivity
- Create and maintain a forecast in the visual manufacturing system for programs office support, and ensure timely customer order consumption against that forecast
- Update the MPS document on a daily basis
- Review Burlington schedule and discuss with Burlington Master Schedulers regarding discrepancies
- Accountable for the maintenance of Manufacturing Order Date Integrity by changing the dates in the manufacturing system based on MRP suggested actions and shortage situations
- By analyzing the Material Availability reports for their specified Work Center, take action to ensure that MOs will start on time based on the WO start date
- Open and release Manufacturing Orders to replenish POU in Production as required
- Close Manufacturing Orders when POU assemblies are completed in Production
- Communicate with Purchasing in order to provide information related to the component shortages for MOs that start within a specified timeframe
- Coordinate and negotiate schedule recovery dates with the Production Supervisor of the Work Center in order to maintain on time completion of the WO's
- Provide critical information Programs management office, where WO's will not complete on time and could affect the ultimate Customer completion date for Master Scheduled items
- Provide weekly metrics related to on-time Manufacturing Order completion dates for their assigned work centers
- Liaise with upstream and downstream work centers in relation to ensuring successful completion of product to meet Customer demands
- Provide critical scheduling information to the daily Order Status meeting
- Implement engineering changes to WO's/ Parts as provided by the CCB group
- Co-ordinate requirements of the schedule where required to the Inventory Control group (Stockroom)
- Based on negotiations with the work center supervisor provide promised completion dates to the CSG, NPI, Sustaining groups related to Manufacturing Orders. Ensure proper and timely adherence to schedule for these WOs.
- Assist the work center Supervisor with the Capacity Plan for assigned work centers
- Demonstrate support to active programs such as Continuous Improvement, Kaizen etc.
- Be conversant will all aspects of the Material Planning Systems
- Provide ongoing key business metrics related to Production Planning and Scheduling.
- Highly energized, results orientated problem solver
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of software especially Excel
- Strong communication skills in a Team environment
- Effectiveness in change management and must be innovative, adaptable and resourceful.
Desired Experience and Education
- 2-3 years of progressive experience in Production Planning within an ERP system environment
- Intimate knowledge of current and advanced Manufacturing processes and technologies such as: ERPII, Visual Manufacturing, Kanban, JIT.
- Post Secondary Education University or College Degree/Diploma
Life at L3HARRIS WESCAM
Our work environment is both challenging and dynamic – our physical environment is state of the art. Here’s what you can expect as an L3Harris WESCAM employee
- Every other Friday off (paid – with our rare 9/80 work schedule)
- Free wellness programs
- Free fruit and bagels
- Subsidized cafeterias
- Work/Life balance that is supported
- Real opportunities for growth and development
- Everyone’s role at L3HARRIS WESCAM contributes to saving people’s lives
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that diversity among our employees makes us a stronger organization.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion within our L3Harris WESCAM family, and our community by welcoming and encouraging applications from anyone interested without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, Aboriginal status or any other legally-protected groups. For people with disabilities, we work with you throughout the recruitment process to ensure you have what you need in order to be at your best. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment/interview process, or as you begin you career with us just let us know and we will take care of you.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Halifax, NS Job Title: Data Management Support Job Location: Enfield, Nova Scotia, Canada L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate abou [...]
Don Mills, ON About L3Harris Technologies L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critica [...]
Don Mills, ON About L3Harris Technologies L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical [...]
Quebec City, QC Temporary L3 Technologies MAS, located in Mirabel (QC), is a subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies, Inc. L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology inn [...]