HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the largest and leading international bank in the Canada. HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,800 offices in 66 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa
We help companies and individuals across Canada to manage their finances through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
It’s this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired and collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
About Commercial Banking
HSBC Commercial Banking has an extensive network that covers three-quarters of global trade flows. It operates in 54 countries and territories, covering the developed and developing markets that matter most to our customers. Through our teams we connect businesses to opportunities, helping them thrive and grow. We work with a wide range of customers, from mid-market companies to large multinationals, providing them with the tools they need to function efficiently. These include global trade and receivables finance, global liquidity and cash management, multi-currency accounts, commercial cards, overdrafts, working capital finance, insurance, term loans and syndicated, leveraged, acquisition and project finance.
Relationship management is at the heart of our business and these teams work closely with customers to build an in-depth understanding of their needs.
Key Objectives for Analyst- Corporate Banking:
The role holder will assist the RM in the delivery of a professional relationship management service to customers, prospective customers and professionals. This supports the bank’s long-term strategy of establishing and maintaining long term relationships with businesses, identifying needs, delivering solutions to meet those needs and providing an excellent customer service. The role holder will maximise efficiency so the RM can focus on growing income.
The jobholder will play a direct role in identifying and meeting existing and prospect customer needs, delivering value to the customer and ensuring that we treat customers fairly in all that we do. Provide tailor-made service to the customers leading to a strengthening of key relationships. In the absence of the RM, the role holder will act as the focal point within the area for products and services thereby ensuring HSBC’s business banking proposition remains a key, positive differentiator.
The Sales and Credit Support role is to proactively support the Relationship Manager (RM) in the optimisation of their contribution towards the CMB Annual Operating Plan, build sustainable client relationships to improve client engagement and triage product sales opportunities, and coordinate product fulfilment. The role holder will maximise efficiency so the RM can focus on growing income
- Support the RM in ensuring we identify customer needs correctly
- Assist in the delivery of solutions, products and services appropriate to meet customer need
- Help to improve customer engagement
- To treat customers fairly in all aspects of strategy, product design & delivery, sales processes, customer literature & correspondence, financial promotions, administration and complaint handling.
- Maintaining excellent communication with key colleagues to ensure a seamless and joined up approach and timely delivery of production for the RM and Client.
- Maintaining excellent communication with Group colleagues to ensure a joined up approach to identifying cross border opportunities where these meet customer needs
- Acting as the primary point of contact for customers and colleagues in the absence of the RM
- Work as an integrated member of the team
- Act as a point of reference for internal colleagues and support both new and existing colleagues
- Working with colleagues and relevant departments as appropriate to ensure that all documents are processed in a timely manner
- Working with the RM to promote HSBC’s global capabilities internally and, where appropriate, to external agencies such as Key Business Introducers, Chambers of Commerce and other related organisations
- Preparing presentations where necessary
- Facilitating referrals from both existing customers and own network
- Work in partnership with colleagues across the HSBC network to deliver exceptional standards and quality of service
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Adhere to structures and processes in place for the management of credit, operational, reputation and regulatory risk.
- Ensure credit and operational quality is not compromised in the pursuit of income
- Ensure operational losses and fraud are minimised
- Respond within agreed timelines to issues raised by audit and external regulators.
- Ensure timely and accurate maintenance of customer information, including KYC requirements in Group systems
- Resolve any/all identified issues promptly, and escalate concerns to management as appropriate to ensure timely awareness of any material concerns.
- Maintain awareness of operational risk within assigned portfolio and minimise the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting.
- Protect sensitive customer and bank information by ensuring documents, computers, files, and all confidential matters are appropriately handled as set forth by policy.
- Ensure the application of Group policy and adherence to regulatory, financial, and legal standards to minimise business and reputational risks
- Compliance with and management of sales suitability risks and requirements
- Ensure all completed sales and prospecting activity documentation is appropriately completed, approved and stored to provide performance tracking, targeted future sales efforts and compliance with sales and transactional suitability guidelines and requirements
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR Master’s degree and 1-3 years of experience in a related field
- Understanding of risk management
- Good credit knowledge.
- Analytical and financial skills.
- Ability to work without constant direction
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues.
- Good working understanding of the trade cycle and business processes involved when importing and/or exporting
- Ability to interact with all levels of commercial customers
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Qualifications and/or training courses
- Working knowledge of CMB’s proposition / product capabilities
- Working knowledge of HSBC Group capabilities
In 2018, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine. HSBC was also the first company to be recognized as a top performer in gender diversity within the financial services sector, as part of a new Corporate Knights initiative to recognize leaders in this space.
Join HSBC, and benefit from the following:
- Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity and impact: Build global relationships and be a part of international initiatives
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Vancouver, BC HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the largest and leading international bank in Canada. HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around [...]
Burnaby, BC HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the largest and leading international bank in Canada. HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3, [...]
Winnipeg, MB HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the largest and leading international bank in the Canada. HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of arou [...]
Toronto, ON Global Vision. Local Focus. Things really are different here. A career with HSBC in Canada is truly an experience that few financial service organisations can match. Here you will fin [...]