Jump onboard and let’s innovate! Join our team to explore and support project growth and execution through BIM (Building Information Modelling) and VDC (Virtual Design and Construction). With a proven reputation of being technologically savvy and experienced utilizing BIM/VDC to its full potential, your motivation for project excellence is unparalleled. You will drive for results through the coordination of all BIM project activities.
Technology and collaboration is your passion. You are truly a pro when it comes to using BIM technology to seize opportunities for design excellence and problem solving. As a BIM/VDC Coordinator,
you will play a key role in helping invent the future of design and construction by supporting and enabling project teams to thrive with state-of-the-art BIM/VDC tools and methods. At the same time, you see the big picture, working with our team to rethink construction together, from idea to completion. Everywhere. All the time. Period.
What YOU Will Do
- Jump in right from project start-up and identify BIM uses which have the potential to be beneficial for the project
- Facilitate the implementation of BIM/VDC processes collaboratively with the project and BIM teams;
- Get creative and establish protocols for key elements including communication, exchange of data, and 3D workspace;
- Collaborate with designers and trades in creating BIM content, organizing it in a shared workspace plarform and performing multifisciplinary coordination
- Assist with the creation of project specific contract language for tender packages for the BIM submission process;
- Find joy in teaching others who are still learning to use Revit, Navisworks and BIM 360, work to take away their fears and inspire them to stretch their abilities;
- Take pride in creating 4D simulations, giving the end users the possibility to experience their project in VIrtual and Augmented Reality;
- Assist site logistics and quality assurance on the job site by flying a drone over big projects, by integrating a point-cloud from laser scan or by using mobile technology;
- Constantly learn to keep your own expertise at the leading edge through continuing professional development, experimentation and research;
- Celebrate project success and completion and be a key member of the project wrap-up process.
What YOU Will Bring
- 3 or more years' BIM experience in the AEC industry;
- A University Degree/Technology Diploma in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Architecture, Architecture or MEP Technology or a combination of education and construction industry experience;
- A proven track record of BIM project coordination and team collaboration;
- Solid written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficiency with computers especially with BIM software including: REVIT, NavisWorks, BIM 360, MS Project, etc
- Knowledge of the Ottawa market and ability to work throughout the National Capital Region.
Why Choose Pomerleau?
- Competitive salary • 4 weeks’ vacation • Group insurance (including a health spending account!) • Group RRSP • Employer paid monthly public transit pass • Fitness Membership or Activity Reimbursement • Employee assistance program • Exciting training opportunities • Dynamic culture • Exciting career opportunities • Summer hours
What are you waiting for? Let's build something extraordinary together.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Vancouver, BC Internship The Opportunity Curious about interesting and impactful work in Human Resources? Even going as far as gaining real world work experience? What about being a part of a stude [...]
Ottawa, ON The Opportunity Jump onboard and let’s innovate! Join our team to explore and support project growth and execution through BIM (Building Information Modelling) and VDC (Virtual Design a [...]
Esquimalt, BC The Opportunity Jump onboard and join our collaborative project team to explore and support project growth and execution. With a proven track record of coordination experience, your dr [...]
Calgary, AB The Opportunity Jump on board and join our collaborative project team to explore and support project growth and execution. With a proven track record of coordination experience, your dri [...]