CONSTRUCTION PLANNER - 588500
ATCO GLOBAL ELECTRICITY BUSINESS UNIT
This position is responsible for developing project design base memorandum (DBM), execution plans, work plans, Tabletop, OOM, NID and SP level estimates, constructability and BOM reviews, and other related documents. Also provides support by preparing, applying and ensuring rigorous controls procedures, and processes are followed and ensuring compliance with standards, procedures, specifications and codes.
- Work with engineering, operations, commissioning and construction to understand their requirements in work packages.
- Develop project execution plans,
work plans and other related documents prior to project execution.
- Develop Tabletop, OOM, NID and SP level estimates
- Prepare and develop all construction requirements into labor service contracts.
- Perform Technical Reviews prior to contract award
- Provide input into project budget, and forecasting including data entry requirements in the Project Management system.
- Establish and maintain cost breakdown structure for budgets and other parameters for complete project scope based upon approved estimate.
- Work with groups to create and maintain appropriate work schedules.
- Participate in constructability reviews of engineering designs and project construction schedules.
- Co-lead, organize, and facilitate all of the key stakeholder execution readiness review meetings.
- Develop and integrate construction planning processes.
- Provide engineering/technical feedback and lessons learned applying construction best practices and constructability methodology.
- Attend site visits where required
- Technical Diploma in a related field
- Minimum 3-5 years’ related experience in project coordination and/or construction/execution related function
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of applications is required – advanced skills in Excel including Visual Basic would be considered an asset
- Experience using scheduling software would be considered an asset (i.e. P6, MPP etc.)
- Ability to effectively work with others, and to work in a team environment.
QUOTE REQUISITION # REQ 00322
Please apply online with your ATCO Careers Profile through the ATCO Careers site for the above position. It is important for applicants to ensure their ATCO Careers Profile or resume details the required qualifications stated above and other supporting career information.
The current supervisor of those applicants selected for an interview may be requested to supply a reference.
For further information regarding this position please contact Scott Hicks at [email protected]
Issued: August 12, 2019 Application Deadline: August 26, 2019
This position is administered under the ATCO Electric and Canadian Energy Workers Association Collective Agreement, Job Posting provisions.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Sherwood Park, AB Great Opportunities. Great People. One Company, Infinite Possibilities. Are you a talented, motivated individual who thrives in an environment powered by entrepreneurial spirit [...]
Elkford, BC WHO WE ARE: Like our country, ATCO Frontec is built on a Frontier Spirit of being agile, robust, ready to go to the most challenging places and push the boundaries. Do YOU have the Front [...]
Fort St. John, BC ATCO Two Rivers Camps Services Ltd is seeking applications from local job seekers in the Peace River region of British Columbia. Description: Under the direction and leadership o [...]
Calgary, AB Position Summary: The Host, Blue Flame Kitchen is responsible for providing a warm, friendly and hospitable welcome to our guests at the BFK learning center. The Host position is casual/ [...]