Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo.
Fort McMurray, AB
$18.20 an hour
The Golf Starter/Marshal will be working at the Miskanaw Golf Club under the supervision of the CPGA Head Professional and the CPGA Life Member. The Golf Starter/Marshal is an integral part of our golf operations team and is responsible for superior customer service to all members, ensures orderly and timely movement of tee-off times, controlling the pace of play and enforcing the Miskanaw Golf Club policies. The Golf Starter/Marshal must possess knowledge of the basic rules of golf etiquette & possess the ability to be both firm and tactful in enforcing golf course policies. They must also have the ability to meet and deal effectively with difficult customers.
A pleasing personality and leadership abilities are required to be successful in this position.
Position Type: 2 Seasonal Positions Available
Pay Rate: $18.20/hour
Posted: August 12, 2019
Closing Date: August 19, 2019
- Meet and greet all golfers/guests in a warm, friendly and professional manner.
- Outline necessary golf course information regarding course conditions.
- Enforce the Miskanaw Golf Club Dress Code to each golfer.
- Verify names of all golfers teeing off at each tee time throughout each day.
- Receive the “chit” from each golfer as proof of purchase and record the chit number and cart number in the appropriate column for each golfer.
- Reconcile and add/delete golfers from the IBS Tee Sheet any additional golfers or no show golfers.
- Remind all golfers to repair ball marks and replace divots throughout the course.
- Ensure all rules and regulations governing golf course usage are followed.
- Ensure all golfers are teeing off promptly at their assigned tee times with all the proper materials (ie. Score cards, ball markers, divot tools, etc.).
- Record actual tee-off times and actual finish times for each golfer/group.
- Keep tee-off area clean and clear of any debris/garbage.
- Promotes Miskanaw Golf Club events to members.
- Monitor the pace of play by taking hourly trips around the course as well as using the DSG TAG System (and recording the pace of play a minimum of six times per day).
- This position will assist Back Shop and Pro Shop employees where needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the CPGA Head Professional or the Director, Golf, Grounds & Sportsfields.
- Completion of High School (or GED equivalent).
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Basic understanding of golf.
- Minimum of 6 months to one (1) year of customer service experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Organized, able to work in a busy environment with competing priorities.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Enthusiastic and outgoing personality.
- Strong sense of professionalism and diplomacy.
- Problem solving skills.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Ability to drive small vehicles (golf cart and range picker unit).
- Advanced knowledge of golf and tournament operations.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Standing, walking or sitting for long periods of time is required.
- Ability to lift golf bags weighing between 50-60 pounds and approximately 5 feet up for storage.
- Work is generally performed outdoors and may be exposed to noise, extreme weather conditions and golf balls.
- Hours of work will vary throughout the days and could start as early as 5:30am and end as late as midnight.
- One (1) month of experience is anticipated for employees to completely familiarize themselves with Miskinaw Golf Club facility, policies and procedures.
- This position may require travel between our various facilities within the Wood Buffalo Region. Access to reliable transportation is necessary.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
In the Facilities Management department, we take pride in our buildings and grounds and provide a welcoming, service-oriented, clean and safe environment for our students, faculty and staff. Gener [...]
Position Overview: The Continuous Improvement Specialist is the master of process for Canada Goose business providing analytical support to functions across the entire business. Identifies and impro [...]
Montréal, QC Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is [...]
Ottawa, ON Part-time Location: 1980 Baseline Rd, Ottawa, Ontario, K2C0C6 The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just l [...]