Totten is looking for an Underwriting Assistant, Personal Lines for a 6 month contract role to provide exceptional customer service for our external broker partners as well as key support for our internal underwriter colleagues. The position requires a self-starter and can work both independently as well as part of an excellent team of administration professionals. We offer an excellent opportunity to work for one of Canada’s Leading MGA’s and to become part of a dynamic and knowledgeable team.
- Issuance of documentation: New/Renewal/Endorsements /Registered Letters, Certificates of Insurance, etc.
- Calculating premium endorsements
- Coding of all policy documentation (under binding contracts as well as company issued)
- Accounts inquiries – investigation and correction of documentation and/or coding
- Bordereaux completion
- Assistance to Underwriters
- Renewals – including preparation of renewal RES, rate sheets, renewal quotes, follow ups, etc.
- Inspections – ordering, follow up on inspections, attachment of completed inspection and follow up on recommendations to ensure compliance
- General follow ups – company issued documentation, photos, outstanding information, etc.
- Broker statements – organizing for mail out
- Other assistance as required
- Minimum of 1-2 years in the insurance industry in a support role or equivalent
- Graduate of College/University Insurance Program preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and industry software
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Focus on teamwork and collaboration
Totten Insurance Group is Canada’s leading national MGA provider of niche products and innovative solutions. Totten Group is committed to servicing brokers across the country and is comprised of six divisions: Personal Lines; Commercial Property; Commercial Casualty; Hospitality; Construction and Professional Liability. With offices across Canada, Totten Group’s corporate office resides in Toronto ON, and has other locations in Oakville ON, Dartmouth NS, Winnipeg MB, Montreal QC, and Vancouver BC. Learn more at www.tottengroup.com .
Required Experience: 1-2 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: No Travel Required
Required Education: Diploma
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Kitchener, ON Part-time Position Summary HUB International’s vision is to be everywhere where risk exists – today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most. GMS Insurance, a HUB Intern [...]
Prince George, BC Why Choose HUB? Throughout our network of more than 450 HUB offices in North America, we offer a competitive, exciting and friendly work environment that strategically positions o [...]
Campbell River, BC Why Choose HUB? Throughout our network of more than 450 HUB offices in North America, we offer a competitive, exciting and friendly work environment that strategically position [...]
Edmonton, AB About HUB In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the world’s largest insurance brokers, our focus is de [...]