At PwC, we work together to provide exceptional industry-focused services to clients from 26 offices across Canada. We’re a member of the PwC network of firms, with more than 223,000 people in 157 countries.
Our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. Our shared global values help us achieve our purpose and guide our actions. We act with integrity, make a difference, care, work together and reimagine the possible.
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Administration
Job Description & Summary
A career in Administration and Secretarial Services, within Internal Firm Services,
will give you with the opportunity to provide administrative support to PwC employees. You’ll focus on using business software applications to prepare reports, receiving and directing incoming calls or emails to the appropriate parties, arranging business travel, tracking expenses, and coordinating meeting arrangements.
Our team provides document production assistance based on PwC’s template requirements. As part of the team, you’ll be helping with template selection, formatting and incorporation of customised changes based on client need.
To really stand out and make us ﬁt for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of your comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
- Plan, develop and execute the effective delivery of national administrative support services
- Take a leadership role in implementing process improvements and broad-based implementation of changes
- Lead the hiring, training and development of team leads and or document production specialists
- Manage the overall budget and reporting for the teams they are managing
- Work with partners, managers and team leads to continually assess the quality of service being delivered to the business and establish plans for improvements
- Coach and support team leads in the resolution of local issues and improvement of service as needed in line with administrative and human resource policies and guidelines
- Work with team leads to identify training requirements and/or opportunities for team leads and assistants that support the firm's business requirements
- Collaborate with other National Admin Managers to implement and drive national administrative strategic priorities
- Develop and encourage a cross line of service teaming and client service environment
- Work closely with other IFS functional groups to ensure proper tools and resources are available
- Coordination of the Performance Management Cycle across their team including management of overall compensation in conjunction with the national human resources team
- Post-secondary education to college diploma level in a business or administrative discipline preferred.
- University level education would be an asset
- At least 5 years experience of managing teams in a customer service focused area, preferably in a partnership based firm or financial industry
- Excellent organisational and time management skills in order to manage multiple / competing priorities to conclusion
- The role requires strong working relationships with LoS leaders and XLoS functional leaders and key stakeholders (IFS/City/LoS leaders, Finance directors, partners and practice staff and key contacts within each office)
- Excellent French and English verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the firm
- Demonstrates professional attitude, discretion, integrity and tact at all times
- Can present point of view confidently
- Flexible and able to work with a wide range of cultures, understanding social, economic and cultural differences between the countries we work with (primarily Canada, US and UK)
- Able to take working practices from outside Canada and translate their use into Canada
- Strong analytical skills required for management of budgets and resourcing.
- Creative thinking to help in resolution of local process issues encountered in delivery of administrative services.
- Understands principles of resource allocation and management
- Basic knowledge of tools used in our administrative support function (MS Office, Google, Lotus Notes)
- Knowledge of emerging trends in administrative services eg shared services, virtual admin support etc
- Aware of their impact in working with practice leaders and managing upward
- Able to relate to the experience of team leads and coach and support them effectively
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
(if blank, certifications not specified)
(If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Oakville, ON Line of Service Internal Firm Services Industry/Sector Not Applicable Specialism IFS - Human Capital (HC) Management Level Senior Associate Job Description & Summary A [...]
Toronto, ON Line of Service Advisory Industry/Sector Not Applicable Specialism Forensic Technology Management Level Manager Job Description & Summary A career within Forensics Techn [...]
Toronto, ON Line of Service Internal Firm Services Industry/Sector Not Applicable Specialism IFS - Human Capital (HC) Management Level Senior Associate Job Description & Summary A c [...]
Ottawa, ON Line of Service Internal Firm Services Industry/Sector Not Applicable Specialism IFS - Finance Management Level Specialist Job Description & Summary A career in Finance, [...]