Worker Type: Contingent Worker
Group: System Controls & Monitoring Department
Job Post End Date: 08/26/2019
We’re a Canadian integrated oil and natural gas company headquartered in Calgary. We’re committed to maximizing value by responsibly developing our assets in a safe, innovative and efficient way.
Our operations include oil sands projects in northern Alberta, which use specialized methods to drill and pump the oil to the surface, and established natural gas and oil production in Alberta and British Columbia. We also have 50 percent ownership in two U.S. refineries.
Our shares trade under the symbol CVE, and are listed on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges.
Cenovus currently has a position available for a Contract Cyber Security Analyst in the System Controls and Monitoring Team. The team is responsible for IT SOX Compliance and Audit Remediation as well as general IT security controls administration and maintenance. The role includes ensuring compliance to SOX General Computing Controls and CyberSecurity policies and guidelines. The successful candidate will be a strong team player with the ability to collaborate with various IT groups as well as possessing a strong attention to detail and have solid problem-solving skills. This position is mostly administrative and is entry level to the Cyber Security discipline.
This is a 1 year contract position based in our downtown Calgary office.
- Perform identity and access governance across distributed technologies and applications residing in our corporate network and the cloud
- Ensure the security and integrity of our SOX governed systems
- Analyze, assess and report security detections from our SIEM and other security tools
- Responsible for executing IT Security controls compliance requirements to ensure controls adherence
- Perform routine security and SOX compliancy monitoring tasks and report issues that are uncovered by various internal monitoring tools. Report anomalous security incidents; conduct targeted analysis of suspect areas. Recommend process and reporting improvements.
- Collaboratively work with operational IT support teams to report and remediate non-policy-breaching behaviour in support of service excellence and operational efficiency
- Work with our Internal Audit team and have knowledge of audit, IT operational and/or IT risk management experience
- Strong knowledge of Identity and Access Management concepts
- Key understanding of Cloud platforms, including AWS, Azure, etc.
- Industry certifications are an asset (CISSP or CISM certification)
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- 1 – 3 years of related experience preferably within the Oil and Gas industry
- Process oriented with the ability to discuss, advise, coordinate, and document processes
- General technical knowledge of IT network, infrastructures and software.
- University or college degree or equivalent experience in IT
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and verbal/written communications skills
- Self-reliant/self-motivated and must work well in a dynamic team environment
To be considered for a position, please click Apply and create an account or sign in to your Cenovus Careers profile.
Immediately following successful submission of your online application, you will receive an online notification confirming Cenovus's receipt of your resume.
Only those applicants who apply directly to a posted position and are selected for an interview will be contacted. We will not accept agency or third-party candidate submissions.
To follow the status of your application, log in to your Cenovus Careers profile and click on the appropriate job under ‘My Applications’.
Interested in this opportunity? Click the Apply link below.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Calgary, AB Worker Type: Employee Group: HSER Programs & Reporting Department Job Post End Date: 08/16/2019 About Cenovus We’re a Canadian integrated oil and natural gas company headquarter [...]
Calgary, AB Worker Type: Employee Group: Production Engineering Department Job Post End Date: 08/31/2019 About Cenovus We’re a Canadian integrated oil and natural gas company headquartered [...]
Calgary, AB Worker Type: Contingent Worker Group: System Controls & Monitoring Department Job Post End Date: 08/26/2019 About Cenovus We’re a Canadian integrated oil and natural gas company [...]
Calgary, AB Worker Type: Contingent Worker Group: Construction & Commissioning Department Job Post End Date: 08/19/2019 About Cenovus We’re a Canadian integrated oil and natural gas company [...]