Chatham-Kent Health Alliance.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skill, Experience)
- Secondary School diploma.
- Medical Office Assistant Certificate.
- Successful completion of a Medical Terminology Course attained from a recognized course of study.
- Minimum of one year recent ward clerk experience
- Recent experience in transcribing physicians orders accurately and proficient use of medical terminology
- Proficient keyboarding skills with a demonstrated knowledge of Intranet, Microsoft Office, Care Manager, Risk Monitor Pro, Solcom, Internet functions, purchasing systems and fax .
- Demonstrated telephone skills and etiquette
- Effective clerical experience and skills including filing, reception & telephone.
- Experience working on staff schedules in a unionized environment.
- Satisfactory Attendance
ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES (Personal Skills and Attributes)
- Effective communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Personal commitment to excellence in their work.
- Effective organizational skills involving time management and prioritization.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Well developed conflict resolution skills (ie. Managing disgruntle patients, dissatisfied physicians, etc.) and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work both independently & as an effective team member.
- Well developed problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability and ability to manage change in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and skill development with identification of own learning needs.
- Demonstrated ability to support and embrace the philosophy of Service Excellence and Patient and Family Centred Care.
- Demonstrated participation in building a culture of safety and partnering with each other to improve the safety of patient care processes and systems.
- Demonstrated performance reflecting the Mission, Vision, Values and Code of Conduct of Chatham-Kent Health Alliance.
ACCOUNTABILITIES (Major Responsibilities of the Position)
- Acts as a receptionist maintaining a pleasant, courteous manner with patients, families, public and other members of the health care team.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Accurate order entry.
- Accurate data collection and recording.
- Provide efficient, effective and organized clerical services.
- Assists Clinical Manager with employee scheduling and payroll.
- Books or cancels staff appropriately in accordance with union contracts as directed by Charge Nurse or Clinical Manager.
- Maintains accurate records of employee attendance, holidays, sick time, overtime and time owing.
- Assembles and dissembles patient charts.
- Acts as a liaison for patients/families with members of the health care team.
- Works collaboratively to identify and implement process improvements to better meet the needs of patients and families.
- Understands change by actively participating in successful implementation.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients/families, visitors, staff, volunteers and physicians.
- Actively participates on various unit, program and /or hospital committees supporting our goals and objectives in addition to initiatives that support continuous quality improvement, as required.
CKHA is an equal opportunity employer committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Should you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
In the Facilities Management department, we take pride in our buildings and grounds and provide a welcoming, service-oriented, clean and safe environment for our students, faculty and staff. Gener [...]
Position Overview: The Continuous Improvement Specialist is the master of process for Canada Goose business providing analytical support to functions across the entire business. Identifies and impro [...]
Montréal, QC Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is [...]
Ottawa, ON Part-time Location: 1980 Baseline Rd, Ottawa, Ontario, K2C0C6 The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just l [...]