Worker Type: Contingent Worker
Group: Construction & Commissioning Department
Job Post End Date: 08/19/2019
We’re a Canadian integrated oil and natural gas company headquartered in Calgary. We’re committed to maximizing value by responsibly developing our assets in a safe, innovative and efficient way.
Our operations include oil sands projects in northern Alberta, which use specialized methods to drill and pump the oil to the surface, and established natural gas and oil production in Alberta and British Columbia. We also have 50 percent ownership in two U.S. refineries.
Our shares trade under the symbol CVE, and are listed on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges.
The Projects and Facilities Project Team is currently looking for a Contract Project Controls Specialist with planning, scheduling and estimating experience. This position reports directly to the Manager, Construction & Commissioning.
Note: We encourage both Cenovus employees and contractors to apply for this opportunity. For Cenovus employees, this will be considered an Interim Assignment. Employees who take on interim assignments will return to their role upon completion of the assignment.
This is a 1 year contract position based in our downtown Calgary office with occasional travel to field locations.
- Performing schedule development and maintenance on multiple large and small projects
- Develop Level 2 & 3 Integrated Project Schedules aligned with Class 4 and 3 cost estimates
- Conduct “what-if” scenarios to provide the business with viable alternatives
- Monitor scheduling and estimating processes to ensure proper functionality
- Conduct analysis of projects to highlight and identify specific problem areas and risks and provide mitigating strategies
- Engage with EP and Field based schedulers to ensure integration across all project stages
- Preparation and maintenance of WBS and CBS
- Coordinate set-up of projects in Finance system
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- 10+ years of related work experience in planning/scheduling/estimating/project controls in a variety of work environments
- Good working familiarity with oil & gas facility and pipeline projects
- Working experience with Primavera P6, SAP and project controls platforms
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel – Import and Export from Primavera
- A technical degree in Engineering or related field is preferred but not required
- AACE certification is an asset
- Ability to work constructively with a range of individuals at multiple levels and various organizational cultures
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work in-office or on a construction site
To be considered for a position, please click Apply and create an account or sign in to your Cenovus Careers profile.
Immediately following successful submission of your online application, you will receive an online notification confirming Cenovus's receipt of your resume.
Only those applicants who apply directly to a posted position and are selected for an interview will be contacted. We will not accept agency or third-party candidate submissions.
To follow the status of your application, log in to your Cenovus Careers profile and click on the appropriate job under ‘My Applications’.
Interested in this opportunity? Click the Apply link below.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Calgary, AB Worker Type: Employee Group: HSER Programs & Reporting Department Job Post End Date: 08/16/2019 About Cenovus We’re a Canadian integrated oil and natural gas company headquarter [...]
Calgary, AB Worker Type: Employee Group: Production Engineering Department Job Post End Date: 08/31/2019 About Cenovus We’re a Canadian integrated oil and natural gas company headquartered [...]
Calgary, AB Worker Type: Contingent Worker Group: System Controls & Monitoring Department Job Post End Date: 08/26/2019 About Cenovus We’re a Canadian integrated oil and natural gas company [...]
Calgary, AB Worker Type: Contingent Worker Group: Construction & Commissioning Department Job Post End Date: 08/19/2019 About Cenovus We’re a Canadian integrated oil and natural gas company [...]