Position Title: Inventory Manager
Requisition ID: 880
Career Group (ADSP): Distribution Center
Division: Supply Chain (80190525)
Department: Logistics and Distribution
Work Location: METRO ON - 5559 DUNDAS STREET W (#A-DUND)
Province: Canada : Ontario
Position Type: Permanent
The Inventory Manager controls the Grocery replenishment function for all banners for a selected group of vendors. The incumbent is accountable for meeting service level objectives and inventory turn objectives in multiple distribution centres. The incumbent manages a large portfolio of products through a multiple week time line to satisfy the needs of several diverse merchandising programs.
Needs the ability to control inventory and maintain an acceptable service level to the stores in multiple distribution centres.
- Forecasts product requirements using system recommendations, promotions, and stock on hand.
- Constructs orders to maximize the Distribution Centre efficiency and supplier distribution allowances (for full truck, full pallet, full layer).
- Monitors inventory levels and anticipates or reacts to shortages and overstocks immediately.
- Anticipates and reacts to emergency product shortages with vendors and Distribution Centres.
- Expedites orders to ensure that product is received when it is scheduled.
- Schedules product deliveries into the Distribution Centre with Vendor and Distribution Centre personnel.
- Maintains ordering criteria such as consumption, MRP and forecast profiles, supplier lead times, rounding profiles, etc. in SAP.
- Identifies product overstocks to Category Managers and jointly develops plans to eliminate.
- Works with vendors to continually improve the logistics process in order to reduce distribution costs and/or inventory levels.
- College diploma or University studies (certificate) preferably in a business related field.
- 5–7 years previous replenishment and/or grocery retail work.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a centralized replenishment environment utilizing modern forecasting, demand planning, replenishment software tools and processes would be an asset.
- Superior time management, priority management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of SAP – Replenishment module is a definite asset.
- Excelent skills in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Self motivated with the ability to possess a great sense of urgency.
Provides results to and receives direction from Senior Inventory Manager and Director. Communicates orally and through correspondence on a regular basis with Category Management, Merchandising, Distribution Centre, Corporate Brands and Customer Care personnel across all banners. Communicates orally and through correspondence on a regular basis with vendors.
Metro values, respects and leverages the differences and competences of all employees from a variety of different backgrounds. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation or wish to receive this application in an accessible format, please advise.
Only applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted.
We respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from agencies.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Toronto, ON Position Title: Category Manager (Bakery) Requisition ID: 819 Career Group (ADSP): Administrative Division: Fresh & Meat Merchandising (80156532) Department: Merchandising Work Location: [...]
Toronto, ON Position Title: Inspector Requisition ID: 401 Career Group (ADSP): Administrative Division: Nat - Immobilier Qc, Ingénierie & Const (80069748) Department: Engineering and Constructio [...]
Montréal, QC Permanent Alimentation Tony Brunelle Inc. (Metro Avenue Du Parc) Le gérant du rayon de la poissonnerie est chargé de la bonne gestion des affaires dans le rayon de la poissonnerie d [...]
Laval, QC Titre du poste: Contremaître transport Numéro de la demande: 845 Catégorie d'emploi: Centre de distribution Division: Qc - Distribution Québec (80150819) Département: Logistiqu [...]