Audmet Canada Ltd..
North York, ON
To help support the Human Resources function for the Company’s Canadian Retail operations in North York. The HR Business Partner will work to establish strategic Human Resources plans and objectives. The individual will help provide proactive planning and solutions, information, and accurate and timely Human Resources information to employees and Management of the Company in order to assist them in achieving their objectives. The HR Business Partner will work to help drive the Company Culture throughout the Company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of the Company’s Commitment and Promise.
Major Duties and Accountabilities:
- Continually research and provide the Director of Human Resources information to help train and update Managers and employees regarding Human Resources matters.
- Communicate, train and be a liaison for the Management team to any matters within the scope of Human Resources (employee relations, H&S;, benefits, communication, etc.)
- Conduct job analysis, classification and evaluation in order to develop and update job descriptions and accountability statements for employees.
- Create and revise various Human Resources policies and procedures. Ensure that employees are aware and have a clear understanding of these policies and procedures. Make recommendations to management group regarding new policies and changes to existing policies when necessary.
- Manage staffing function with the Management team regarding headcount requirements, recruiting, transfers, promotions/demotions, training/professional development, terminations, and reductions in workforce.
- Prepare job advertisements, screening/selection, conducting interviews, employment and extending contracts.
- Work with payroll and HR team regarding payroll inquiries and correct them in a professional timely matter.
- Be a subject expert within the HRIS system with the ability to make administrative changes in all modules (Performance, Time, HR, Benefits, Reporting)
- Lead with the strong direction from the HR Director the Health and Safety Committee and implement injury prevention programs, wellness programs, and other related initiatives.
- Conduct exit interviews to collect and analyze data in order to understand turnover trends and make recommendations for corrective action/enhance retention.
- Provide leadership, direction and support to the HR Coordinator for Benefit questions, issues and other matters
- Perform new employee orientation to foster positive assimilation into the Company. Review and update the orientation program on a regular basis.
- Ensure internal communications are consistent with Company policies and procedures and to maintain good working relationships between employees and the management group.
- Conduct internal investigations as needed i.e. harassment claims.
- Prepare various reports from the HRIS system and maintain accurate and up-to-date records and files of personnel.
- Drive the Company Culture throughout the Company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of the Company’s Commitment and Promise.
- Lead the annual employee engagement survey for the business group
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and a proactive approach to customer service.
- Liason and develop the training & development programs, make recommendations, and follow up with all employees and managers for career aspirations and career paths
- Assist the Director of Human Resources through experienced input on various HR specialty areas to align the company human resource with the company objectives and strategies
- May perform special projects as required by Director of Human Resources.
Education and Related Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in Human Resources or equivalent.
- Designation/ or working towards the CHRP
- Must have 5+ years’ experience in a Retail and/or Healthcare environment.
- Good expertise in project management and independent learning
- Knowledgeable in the areas of labour legislation, regulations, compensation practices, recruitment, and Human Resources procedures.
- 2+ years’ experience with recruitment practices
- Strong organizational skills and proven ability to manage multiple projects required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Must have experience in a Windows environment.
- Strong knowledge of various HR applicable software (Payroll/HR software)
- Strong knowledge of employment law and legislation is required.
- Able to maintain confidences and keep information confidential.
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization to develop and influence the organization’s culture.
- Ability to represent the Company in a professional and courteous manner.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
In the Facilities Management department, we take pride in our buildings and grounds and provide a welcoming, service-oriented, clean and safe environment for our students, faculty and staff. Gener [...]
Position Overview: The Continuous Improvement Specialist is the master of process for Canada Goose business providing analytical support to functions across the entire business. Identifies and impro [...]
Montréal, QC Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is [...]
Ottawa, ON Part-time Location: 1980 Baseline Rd, Ottawa, Ontario, K2C0C6 The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just l [...]