Cana Group Of Companies.
CANA Energy Ltd. is seeking experienced and non-experienced self-motivated, reliable individuals to join our team for upcoming projects. CANA’s field personnel are versatile individuals who have opportunities to work in various specializations of the Utilities Industry. We work with Traffic Control Systems, Street Lighting, Natural Gas, Fibre Optics, as well as overhead and underground powerline construction. CANA employees have an opportunity to gain experience within a wide range of Utility Projects.
The Powerline Technician (PLT) performs activities related to the electrical construction, maintenance, repair and testing of energized and de-energized distribution and transmission systems.
Work may be on underground or overhead facilities.
- Install, maintain and repair of both overhead and underground electrical distribution and transmission systems. This will include wood and steel structures, insulators, conductors lightning arrestors, switches, transformers and other associated equipment.
- Installation and use of protective grounds, switchgear and switching procedures, aerial and hydraulic equipment, climbing of poles, testing methods, automation components and working from heights and/or in manholes and vaults.
- Wire installation including stringing, splicing, terminating, re-conductoring and related wiring to connect power distribution and transmission networks.
- All PLTs must demonstrate understanding and compliance with CANA’s safety policies, industry standard safe work practices and the Alberta Electrical Utility Code (A.E.U.C.).
- Other duties as requested
This position is Safety Sensitive. Successful candidates must be able to pass a Physical Demands Analysis and Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol test prior to employment.
The following qualifications and experience are recommended to be successful at CANA:
- Valid Journeyman Power Lineman Certificate and/or Inter-provincial Red Seal. Indentured apprentices will be considered.
- Demonstrated safe work skills and commitment including knowledge of safe work and job planning procedures
- Experience in rubber glove live work is an asset.
- Knowledge of the construction and maintenance of overhead and underground cable installations.
- Backhoe and/or Trackhoe equipment operating experience an asset
- Experience working in close proximity to active Heavy Machinery is an asset
- Valid driver’s license required, Class 3 or 1 license is an asset
- Clean driving abstract
- Ground Disturbance Level 2
- Additional Safety Tickets and certification including First Aid and Fall Protection are assets
- Willing and able to commute to various job sites in and around the Calgary area. Reliable transportation is a must.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs comfortably. Must be able to walk and stand for long periods in addition to performing physical activities and manual labour that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials
Successful Candidates require the following traits:
- Strong Safety focus
- A quick and willing learner who steps up to new challenges
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Able to work as a part of a team, and contribute to the team’s success
- Highly motivated and proactive team members
- Able to follow instructions, and are not afraid to ask questions or seek support
- Punctuality and Reliability
Conditions of work:
- CANA has projects all over Western Canada. Travel and shift work may be required with this position. But be prepared for the possibility of travel throughout Alberta.
- CANA works year round, outdoors, in all types of terrain and environments.
- All employees must have FR Personal Protective Equipment
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to the hourly wage, CANA offers a well-rounded compensation package that includes:
- Competitive salary within the industry
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, optical, and medical
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Programs
- Personal Protective Equipment Annual Allowance
- Apprenticeship Financial Incentives
CANA also offers all its employees
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Commitment to the training and wealth of opportunities for career development and advancement
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Calgary, AB Internship, Apprenticeship CANA Energy Ltd. is seeking self-motivated, reliable Apprentice Powerline Technician to join our team in Calgary for upcoming projects. Under the guidance and [...]
Calgary, AB CANA Energy is seeking self-motivated, reliable individuals to join our team for upcoming projects in Calgary. The Power System Electrician (PSE) derives their authority from and reports [...]
Calgary, AB CANA Construction is actively searching for a Safety Advisor to join our team in Calgary. The Safety Advisor demonstrates safety leadership by providing support to the CANA Safety Managem [...]
Calgary, AB CANA Energy Ltd. is seeking experienced and non-experienced self-motivated, reliable individuals to join our team for upcoming projects. CANA’s field personnel are versatile individuals [...]