We're North America’s tenth-largest motion picture, theatre exhibition-company. From a single screen in 1965, today we continue to provide the perfect setting for popcorn munching Movie Lovers to connect and share the perfect movie-going experience at 44 theatres on 303 screens throughout Western Canada, Ontario and the Yukon Territory including five IMAX®, four 'Extra' and one ‘Xtreme’ screen. We are connected to the communities we serve and our Cast and Crew are proud to support Kids Help Phone programs and initiatives. Our corporate headquarters are located in Calgary, Alberta.
As a Box Office Sales Manager, you will have a dual focus within the theatre; budget ownership in areas of 3D/IMAX & PLF,
labour for box office, floor, and usher, alternative content promotion, along with Gift Card and 10-Pack sales. You will be working collaboratively with the broader theatre management team and will be accountable to manage the overall day-to-day theatre operations. This role provides leadership, guidance, and direction in all areas delivering a better movie-going experience for our Guests while consistently improving employee engagement.
- Collaborate with the Management team to effectively manage operations of the theatre. Including, but not limited to; cast scheduling, non-concession and local theatre marketing execution, new hire payroll processing, labour management & deployment strategy, and marketing programs
- Manage day-to-day operations of the theatre with a focus on labour management, reviewing KPI metrics, inventory management, and marketing programs
- Communicate on an ongoing basis with the Management team, including the General Manager and Operational leaders, by attending all schedule meetings and by use of the communication tools provided
- Greet and engage Guests and make them feel special - helping to create exceptional experiences
- Be available and visible to Cast and Guests; observe and assist with potential issues
- Provide consistent performance feedback to all levels of Cast and address performance issues in a timely manner using effective performance management tools
- Work Safely and ensure all levels of Cast are made aware of, and follow, safe work practices
- Ownership & accountability of budgets, targets, and results
- Comprehensive and competitive compensation & benefits package
- Annual bonus system eligibility for full-time management
- Growth opportunities within the theatre and cinema support centres
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program to support wellness
- Competitive vacation allotment to promote work-life balance
- Free movies and discounted concession snacks
Proven track record in managing and overseeing operations in a retail/service-centric environment * Skill to manage labour targets and budgets * Ability to manage and execute on marketing programs * Passionate in delivering quality products and services in a Guest-service environment with significant attention to-detail * Thrive in a fast-paved, results-oriented work environment, and are engaged in finding solutions and efficiencies * Ownership and accountability of budgets, targets, and results and are comfortable in providing and presenting recommendations and/or advice in areas of expertise * Excellent written, verbal, and listening communication skills and proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite * Experience with Time & Attendance/Payroll software is considered to be an asset (ex. Ceridian Dayforce HCM) * Completion of a relatable post-secondary program is considered to be an asset * Minimum of 3 years experience in a related industry (Guest service/retail environment)"
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Salary$$46.89HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week Terms of employment Permanent Full time Weekend, Morning Start date As soon as possible Vacancies 1 Vacancy Job no. 1288778 Source J [...]
Ironclad Developments Inc. is currently accepting applications for the position of: Employee Programs and Travel Coordinator to join our growing team. Our company is built on a foundation of trust, ho [...]
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating wo [...]
Portfolio: Agriculture and Agri-Food Organization: Farm Credit Canada Position title: Chairperson Type: Part-time Per diem: $410.00 - $485.00 Annual retainer: $10,500.00 - $12,400.00 [...]