Teck Resources Limited.
Chemical Laboratory Technician and/or Assayer Analytical Services (Casual)
Reporting to the Group Leader, Analytical Services, the Technician, Analytical Services may provide analyses using optical emissions spectrometers, Leco C/S analyzer, AA spectrometers, calorimeter, alpha detectors, ICP-OES instruments, auto-titrators and the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
Workload and shift times are dependent on business area needs.
- Observe safety and hygiene regulations and procedures in the performance of duties.
- Provide analyses by following established procedures, recognizing problems as they arise and correcting them.
- Work in a variety of sections to meet changing work requirements or priorities.
- Participate as a member of a team under the direction of a Senior Technician in special projects and method development projects aimed at extending the capabilities and service supplied by Analytical Services.
- Conduct routine and assigned quality control tasks to maintain accuracy of results.
- Use knowledge of Analytical Services and assaying procedures to train other technicians and trainees.
- Recognize interferences between elements and take action (complexing, removing) using instrumental principles to optimize sensitivities during instrument set-up.
- Enter results into the LIMS for direct reporting to Operations; report unusual conditions directly to customers.
- Applicants should have a certificate of efficiency in Assaying; or be graduates of a two-year chemical sciences program (or equivalent), including the completion of an Assayer training program (theoretical and practical); or be a graduate with a B.Sc. in Chemistry with a minimum of three years’ analytical experience in a full-service metallurgical testing laboratory, or the equivalent.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P; Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Vancouver, BC Reporting to the Manager, Sustainability Reporting and Communications, the Specialist, Sustainability Reporting is responsible for leading project management, drafting and research for [...]
Sparwood, BC Temporary Reporting to the Director of Finance, Operating and Excellence, the Administrative Assistant, Finance is responsible for providing clerical support to the Director of Finance [...]
Trail, BC Casual Chemical Laboratory Technician and/or Assayer Analytical Services (Casual) Reporting to the Group Leader, Analytical Services, the Technician, Analytical Services may provide analy [...]
Sparwood, BC Temporary Closing Date: August 23, 2019 Reporting to the Coordinator, Recruitment, the Recruiting Clerk, Human Resources is responsible for supporting the Central Recruiting Team in a [...]