City of St. John's.
St. John's, NL
$34.85 an hour
St. John's is a vibrant city with a strong connection to the past and a positive outlook on the future. As one of the oldest cities in North America we have a unique history, but we are also a growing city with the needs and opportunities of a modern urban population. The City of St. John’s is committed to recruiting world-class talent and expertise to join our City staff, more than 1200 strong, who provide a vast array of services to the residents of St. John's and the metropolitan area. If you are an innovative thinker with a positive attitude and a commitment to quality, we want you to help us make St. John’s a city where people want to live, work and play.
The Human Resources Division is presently accepting applications for the full time permanent position of Heavy Duty Equipment Technician, Fleet Services Division, Department of Public Works.
The incumbent will be required to perform whatever mechanical duties that may be required with respect to the repair of gasoline and diesel engines; heavy and light duty vehicles.
The successful applicant will be required to participate in all training programs applicable to this position and other related work. The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
- Graduation from High School.
- Must possess an Interprovincial Journeyperson Certificate in the field of Heavy Duty Equipment Technician or Truck and Transport Mechanic and must be in good standing and registered with the Department of Advanced Education and Skills, Province of Newfoundland.
- Must possess at least five (5) year’s experience involved with the repair of automobiles and heavy equipment.
- Must be able to work safely and effectively around equipment, plus be able to detect safety hazards around the immediate work area, particularly where fellow workers are involved. The safe handling, use and care of portable and stationary tools are also a requirement.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out verbal and written instructions accurately and quickly and to deal with people in a tactful, diplomatic manner.
- Must have own tools and toolbox. Tools must include a selection capable for a Journeyperson to perform any type of a required function.
- Must be physically fit to perform the above duties.
- Must possess a valid Driver's Licence.
Hours of Work
Shift Work as required.
Applicants must be members of the Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 569, or should be prepared to join the Union immediately upon appointment.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. The City of St. John's does not accept applications in person, by email, fax or mail. Applications will be received up to 12:00 Midnight (Newfoundland Standard Time) on closing date.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Salary$$46.89HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week Terms of employment Permanent Full time Weekend, Morning Start date As soon as possible Vacancies 1 Vacancy Job no. 1288778 Source J [...]
Ironclad Developments Inc. is currently accepting applications for the position of: Employee Programs and Travel Coordinator to join our growing team. Our company is built on a foundation of trust, ho [...]
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating wo [...]
Portfolio: Agriculture and Agri-Food Organization: Farm Credit Canada Position title: Chairperson Type: Part-time Per diem: $410.00 - $485.00 Annual retainer: $10,500.00 - $12,400.00 [...]