Job Posting Title
Human Resources Business Advisor
HR Business Partner
English / Anglais
Posting Start Date
Posting End Date
Commensurate with Experience / Selon l’expérience
The Human Resources Business Advisor role provides guidance and advice on the administration, interpretation, and application on a wide range of human resources policies, procedures, processes and compliance.
You will work closely with People Managers at all levels of management within the Toronto Flight Information Region (FIR) on HR-related matters in the areas of Organizational Effectiveness,
Talent Acquisition & Organization Health, Total Rewards, Labour Relations and HR Operations.
Working closely and reporting directly to the Human Resources Business Partner, you will have the exciting challenge of not only managing existing HR programs, but also finding new and unique ways to enhance our practices
This role ensures the quality of HR service delivery through effective collaboration with the Centre of Excellence (CoE) organization.
We need an HR thought leader who has the ability to use analytical tools to inform business decisions.
As a successful candidate, you thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment, have a passion for building and refining processes and practices, are strong in influencing and mentoring others and can build strong relationships with leaders.
- Partners with the HR Business Partner to assist the FIR to meet its strategic goals and objectives through management and enhancement of existing HR programs and practices, and implementation of new programs and procedures that reflect best practices, legislative requirements and NAV CANADA’s corporate culture.
- Participates in corporate and regional projects or initiatives that have significant impact on organizational policies and organizational change within the FIR. Collaborates with HR Business Partner to develop communications strategies to ensure effective implementation of Human Resource processes, policies and programs with respect to the Total Rewards, Labour Relations, HR Operations, Organization Effectiveness and Talent Acquisition & Organization Health business areas.
- Supports the HR Business Partner on proper and consistent application of corporate policies and practices; Interprets applicable policy/program or practice and collective agreements related to organization restructures, staffing policies, procedures and processes.
- Provides support to HRBP by participating in complaint stage discussions aimed at resolving employee and union concerns.
- Provides research and recommendations to assist HR Business Partner with investigations and resolution of employee relations matters.
- Conducts research and analysis using internal and external resources to gain insight of current program/project, processes and practices to assist management. Participates on other HR or cross-functional teams and projects as required. Builds and maintains a relationship with cross-functional teams, management, unions and external stakeholders, to foster and support coordination of objectives.
- Partners with the COE to support the learning and development needs of the FIR based on the performance assessments of employees.
- Understands and interprets Employment Legislation in order to support and guide compliance with the following Legislations: Human Rights Act, Employment Equity Act, Privacy Act, Canada Labour Code etc.
- Consults with peers to ensure integration and consistency among organization, planning, staffing and HR policies.
- Maintains a network of internal and external contacts to regularly benchmark and remain current on demographics, future trends and developments related to talent acquisition, government standards, industry practices, legislation, guidelines and programs related to HR. Participates in external networking events, associations and career fairs to promote the NAV CANADA brand
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Human Resource or a related field, or professional Human Resources certification
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an operational HR role
- Experience in a unionized environment
- HR systems experience
- HR Generalist experience with active recruitment and training
- Thorough understanding of HR best practices and strategic programs
- Thorough understanding of LR and legislated requirements
- Ability to apply HR knowledge / experience across all HR policies, programs, processes, and functions
- Strong HR analytical skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Demonstrated internal consulting and advisory capability
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion
- Ability to coach employees and managers through difficult situations
The successful candidate must meet the security requirement of the position and be legally able to work in Canada.
At NAV CANADA, safety is our priority. We require pre-employment drug screening for all candidates offered positions designated as safety sensitive in accordance with NAV CANADA’s Drug and Alcohol policy.
NAV CANADA is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages candidates to indicate voluntarily and clearly on the subject line of their application if they are a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group.
NAV CANADA is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
In the Facilities Management department, we take pride in our buildings and grounds and provide a welcoming, service-oriented, clean and safe environment for our students, faculty and staff. Gener [...]
Position Overview: The Continuous Improvement Specialist is the master of process for Canada Goose business providing analytical support to functions across the entire business. Identifies and impro [...]
Montréal, QC Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is [...]
Ottawa, ON Part-time Location: 1980 Baseline Rd, Ottawa, Ontario, K2C0C6 The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just l [...]