The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
In our Victoria’s multidisciplinary environment,
collaboration is key among a talented group that delivers innovative and integrated solutions for a wide range of clients. Our services include architecture, interior design and community engagement for a wide variety of markets, including health care, institutional, recreational and industrial.
In our studio we encourage our team to think big, and you will have the opportunity to work on complex projects and be exposed to a variety of tasks throughout the life of the project. Collegial support is highly valued within our team, and we always offer opportunities for personal and career growth!
Your Key Responsibilities
As the successful candidate your responsibilities may include, but are not limited, to:
- Producing schematic design, design development and construction drawings in collaboration with and under the supervision of senior team members
- Preparing packages for and attending meetings with clients and consultants as a support to the team lead
- Understanding and incorporating design changes introduced by the architect or lead designer
- Coordinating architectural drawings with the work of consulting engineers
- Creating and drafting construction details associated with the design
- Opportunities for on-site construction review
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- A proactive individual with a friendly and positive attitude
- Interest in working as part of an integrated team
- Proficient in Revit and AutoCAD
- Interest in exploring different market sectors
- Interest in understanding the technical relationships between Building Codes and Standards, and Contract Documentation
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Co-op/Summer/Intern Student
Primary Location: Canada-British Columbia-Victoria
Employee Status: Temporary
Job Level: Entry Level
Req ID: 190002MZ
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Kelowna, BC Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical special [...]
Victoria, BC Temporary The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our [...]
Ottawa, ON Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialt [...]
Edmonton, AB t5k 2l6 Strong communities don’t just happen—they’re built. They’re creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We’re driving the [...]