Shoppers Drug Mart.
2501 Third Line, Building B, Oakville, Ontario, L6M 5A9
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Merchandises and provides superior customer service. Maintains efficient flow of merchandise from the receiving door to the sales floor, experts in product inventory.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize backroom product and follow Backroom Inventory Management (BIMI) processes
- Uses PDT and MMS Systems to perform daily tasks (Eg. Cycle Counts, Labels, Signage, etc.)
- As directed, manage Exit Strategy and Product Return (this includes the weekly coordinating with the BBM/ CM/ or Cosmetic Merchandiser to complete the cosmetic exit strategies and inventory to be recovered from Vendors in the Cosmetic Morgue)
- Ensures signage and talkers are printed then take part in execution, including flyers, corporate markdowns, and labels
- Expert in assigned areas of product inventory, product placement, expiry dates, promotion, etc.
- Maintains Store Standard pertaining to image and trends in store
- Ensures product displays are consumer focused and “shoppable”
- Works with the local food and beverage vendors to ensure proper process adhered to in regards to on the floor merchandising support in upholding a customer friendly environment
- Completes daily reports in regards to inventory correction and on the floor merchandise discrepancies researched and completed with appropriate shareholders (holding tank, cost anomaly)
- Protects assets in merchandise packaging repairs, where applicable, and couponing for sale versus damage out and reviews all damages and informs FSM to any opportunities to educate and improve Total Loss
- Receives merchandise including Distribution Centre, seasonal, and DSD deliveries in accordance with the receiving policies and procedures
- Maintains a neat and organized backroom according to principles of backroom organization
- Ensures proper documentation is completed with respect to the receiving and return of goods
- Supports Front Store Manager/Assistant Front Store Manager in maintaining the quality and standards associated with perishable items as per the Store Standards
- If Post Office on site, regular coordinating with Post Office Manager to ensure incoming and outgoing mail are handled in a timely and secure manner
- Clean image to the customers in accordance with uniform policy and dress code guidelines (eg. approved uniform and name badge, clean appearance)
- Takes initiative to acknowledge and assist customers in the aisles
- Answers inquiries regarding location of product, rainchecks, PC Optimum
- Complies with all health and safety regulations
- Complies with all Store Standards
- Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures and ensures they are executed throughout the store
- Perform other duties as required including Cash duties
- Planning, Judgement and Decision Making
- Balance of teamwork and efficiency in merchandising and receiving to meet store and customer expectations
- Efficiency, organization and neatness
- Copes with changing situations on the sales floor
- Cash responsibilities (if applicable) require accuracy and efficiency in processing the customer order to meet store and customer expectations
- Some computer and register skills
- Well organized with ability to record keep
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to function as part of the team in a fast paced environment
- Commitment to providing superior customer service
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible shifts which may include nights and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladder
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. , we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Type of Role:
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Burlington, ON Location: 1450 Headon Road, Burlington, Ontario, L7M 3Z5 Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep [...]
Waterloo, ON Part-time Location: 600 Laurelwood Drive, Unit #150, Waterloo, Ontario, N2V 0A2 Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in yo [...]
London, ON Part-time Location: 1680 Richmond St N, Unit L104, London, Ontario, N6G 3Y9 Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your com [...]
Edmonton, AB Location: 2650 James Mowatt Trail Sw, Edmonton, Alberta, T6W 1A8 Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, an [...]