Manager, I&IT; Strategic Business Management Services - (IIT0024)
Employee Status: Regular
Office Name: 277 Front Street West
Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario and our goal is to create a transportation network that enhances the prosperity, sustainability and quality of life for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area. It leads the planning in the region with its Regional Transportation Plan that guides the work and investments of the organization. It builds light transit, bus rapid transit and Regional Express Rail and operates GO Transit, UP Express and PRESTO.
Leads a multi-disciplined team accountable for delivering services within I&IT; aimed at managing and measuring the effectiveness of I&IT; as a business. This team will be pivotal to measuring and growing the effectiveness and maturity of I&IT; through the use of business planning and performance measures, risk management and continuous improvement. This team under the senior manager’s guidance is responsible for strategic planning, business performance reporting, strategic communications, people change management, risk & compliance, and portfolio management, project governance, controls and reporting.
- Leads the delivery of all enterprise reporting requirements including monthly project reporting packages to SMT. Tracks and monitors actions and commitments as appropriate.
- Collaborates with the product planning team at project initiation ensuring that the appropriate rigor and governance is established which will require working with Finance and governing bodies, e.g. Investment Panel.
- Defines and tracks KPIs related to project delivery, and business benefits realization as defined by the product roadmaps.
- Leads the consolidation and reporting of the overall project portfolio, its relationship to Metrolinx strategic objectives, product roadmaps and business units;
- Provides senior leadership, guidance and decision making to Senior Program Managers, project managers, Project Control and Reporting resources in the daily management activities as well as project and product planning and forecasting;
- Manages a team responsible for the planning, analysis, development and implementation of a clear, measurable and coordinated people change management and communication approach across I&IT;
- Leads the implementation of the I&IT; Change Management function that includes metrics to measure its implementation effectiveness;
- Works with I&IT; management to develop key performance indicators (KPIs) for product and services, functional areas and manages the central consolidation, analysis and reporting of performance outcomes against budgets and plans.
- Provides expert input to support maintenance and continuous improvement of I&IT;’s internal and enterprise reporting (KPIs, dashboards, ad hoc reporting)
- Stays current on key I&IT; achievements and future plans / initiatives that should be highlighted at the enterprise level
- Stays current with the latest enterprise strategies and when appropriate, facilitates the connection to I&IT; initiatives (i.e. Metrolinx Strategic Objectives)
- Manages the compilation and consolidation of pertinent reporting outputs for enterprise review related to resource management, safety planning, staff training, employees engagement action planning and business unit performance within I&IT.;
- Manages the compilation, tracking and reporting of audit findings within I&IT; ensuring that progress is being made towards closing gaps. Identifies gaps and issues as appropriate.
- Manages the compilation, tracking and reporting on continuous improvement initiatives and benefits achieved
- Accountable for the maintenance and management of the aggregate I&IT; product portfolio ($100-$150M annually) to maximize the business benefits realized from technology investments;
- Provides leadership for the planning and prioritization of the aggregate I&IT; product portfolio in order to ensure associated initiatives are aligned with the organization’s and business units’ strategic objectives
- Leads the development of overall I&IT; project portfolio management policies, methodologies, processes and technologies. Maintains a posture of best practice awareness and improvement of these policies, methodologies, processes and technologies.
- Defines processes, and artifacts required to support the product prioritization process and required I&IT; and Metrolinx governance committee approvals;
- In collaboration with I&IT; Product Managers, plays an advisory liaison role between Product Planning and Product Delivery teams to oversee the aggregate I&IT; investment portfolio to focus on the realization of business strategy outcomes, business benefit realization and planning objectives.
- Oversees I&IT; change programs in concert with I&IT; Service Providers and the related development and delivery of communications to multiple and diverse user communities;
- Provides guidance to program and project leads in relation to vendor relation management and strategic business management positioning;
- Provides input and necessary support to contract negotiations with vendors to develop contract changes and / or realize cost savings;
Location: 97 Front Street West, Toronto
- Completion of a (degree or diploma) in Business Administration or Information Systems, or a related discipline – or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) is an asset
- Minimum eight (8) years’ progressively responsible experience, including leading business facing teams at a senior level, in the core functions of Information & Technology planning, with at least five (5) years in Project Management, and/or Change Management roles, preferably in a large private or public sector environment
- Minimum five (5) years’ managing large, complex investment budgets
- Knowledge of IT and business strategy with specific experience to develop plans and drive solutions towards stated business strategy and goals;
- Experience acting in advisor capacity to senior leadership and ability to secure the necessary support to advance initiatives, including IT strategic business and risk management;
- Experience managing the delivery of IT products involving a wide array of business relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Understands key financial processes / concepts such as: business planning, budgeting, financial modeling, ROI development, value for money analysis and multi-year financial forecasting;
- Experience with assessing business benefits, costs and risks on multiple types of projects;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or PRINCE2, is an asset
- Agile certification (Agile Certified Professional, Certified Scrum Product Owner) is an asset.
- ITIL Foundations is an asset.
- Certified Product Manager an asset
- PROSCI certification an asset
- Experience managing projects in a highly sensitive, politically visible environment that demands responsiveness, flexibility, and decisive, expert leadership;
- Knowledge of systems development tools and techniques required for application planning (e.g. traditional and agile approaches to systems development, software development life cycle (SDLC), integration, implementation, and change management);
- Deep knowledge and understanding of advance procurement vehicles and their application to I&IT; (Collaborative Procurement Process);
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, no later than August 25, 2019.
Please be advised, Metrolinx uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition. Please be advised that a Criminal Record Search may be required of the successful candidate. Should it be determined that any background information provided be misleading, inaccurate or incorrect, Metrolinx reserves the right to discontinue with the consideration of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Closing Date (Period for Applying) - External: 26-Aug-2019
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Toronto, ON Advisor, Regional Partnerships - (REG000T) Employee Status: Regular Office Name: Head Office Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario and our goal is to create a transporta [...]
Toronto, ON Project Officer, Station Construction & Commissioning - (STA00GJ) Employee Status: Contractual Office Name: 30 Wellington Street Temporary (Up to 12 months) Restricted to Metrolinx Em [...]
Toronto, ON Manager, I&IT; Strategic Business Management Services - (IIT0024) Employee Status: Regular Office Name: 277 Front Street West Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario and o [...]
Toronto, ON Manager, I&IT; Service Desk, EUC & Service Management - (IIT001Z) Employee Status: Regular Office Name: 277 Front Street West Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario and i [...]