Atlantic Packaging Products Ltd..
A service-driven paper and packaging products company, Atlantic Packaging has grown to become one of Canada’s largest paper manufacturers and a leading producer of packaging products. Our organization employs approximately 1000 people at eight manufacturing plants and four distribution centers.
We are looking for a Maintenance Manager for our Brampton location. Reporting to the Assistant Plant Manager, the Maintenance Manager is responsible for providing strategic leadership of maintenance and capital projects, resources and personnel for the Brampton Corrugated Operations. Partner with the Senior Operations Leadership team to optimize plant safety, product quality,
machinery / equipment reliability OEE and plant performance targets.
- Provides strategic leadership to the Maintenance Department including the development and supervision of a highly skilled team to optimize safety, quality and preventative and predictive maintenance
- Ensure all work performed by reports and third party contractors is executed safely, and in accordance with OHS standards; that workers are protected from any hazards and such hazards are identified and controlled; and workers use the prescribed safety equipment
- Maintain and enforce quality standards and good housekeeping protocols within the maintenance shop and spare parts stock room
- Manage capital projects to budget ; liaison with service and equipment suppliers and lead the introduction and integration of new technology and equipment into the operation
- Develop plans to ensure annual KPI objectives are achieved for safety, quality, productivity, equipment / machinery reliability and OEE while supporting continuous improvement initiatives
- Optimization of production up-time and equipment reliability and availability ; ensuring sufficient resources are scheduled and assigned to support manufacturing Operations
- Coach and performance manage workers with emphasis on frequent communication, feedback and promoting a high level of teamwork and engagement
- Coordinate maintenance planning activities with the Maintenance Supervisor
- Foster strong relationships third party contractors and ensure frequent communication with internal and external departments and stakeholders
- Provide daily feedback to workers on performance and conduct performance reviews with direct reports
- Administration and application of the collective agreement and Company policies/procedures
- Post-secondary Degree/Diploma in a related technical discipline (Engineering); or valid trades certification and technical training is a prerequisite
- Management / supervisory experience leading strategic maintenance projects and activities within the consumer packaged goods or corrugated industry sector is highly desired ; experience leading maintenance programs within in a high volume manufacturing environment is a prerequisite
- Proficient with MS Office applications and Computerized Maintenance Management (CMMS) systems
- Strong communication, interpersonal and critical thinking skills are essential
Atlantic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
In the Facilities Management department, we take pride in our buildings and grounds and provide a welcoming, service-oriented, clean and safe environment for our students, faculty and staff. Gener [...]
Position Overview: The Continuous Improvement Specialist is the master of process for Canada Goose business providing analytical support to functions across the entire business. Identifies and impro [...]
Montréal, QC Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is [...]
Ottawa, ON Part-time Location: 1980 Baseline Rd, Ottawa, Ontario, K2C0C6 The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just l [...]