Global Vision. Local Focus.
Things really are different here. A career with HSBC in Canada is truly an experience that few financial service organisations can match. Here you will find yourself inspired and supported by colleagues whose daily responsibilities cross time zones, continents and cultures. You will be motivated to aim for your highest aspirations, and enjoy the rewards of belonging to a diverse and growth-driven culture.
Canada is a priority market for HSBC. We remain focused on growing customers locally with our unique products, and we offer a full suite of solutions developed from our global connectivity and network. HSBC has the institutional strength,
capacity and commitment to support our Canadian client’s requirements here and around the world. Employees who thrive at HSBC are service focused, entrepreneurial and driven. They show collaborative spirit and a quest for continuous improvement, while having the industry expertise and business acumen to deliver.
About HSBC Operations, Services & Technology (HOST)
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology provides essential operational services, IT and technical support to help HSBC function effectively and improve our customer service. HOST is made up of Global Operations, IT, COO Office, Corporate Real Estate and Global Procurement.
Our global IT team develops and manages HSBC’s systems and technology infrastructure. They develop, implement and support software and IT services and processes that allow HSBC to remain at the forefront of high-quality banking systems. They work across a range of technology platforms and development disciplines, from mainframe to mobile technologies.
A Day in the Life of an IT –Operations Manager ABM Support and Incident Management include the following:
- Deliver and operate ABM support to IT and Business
- Assist with answering calls in a professional manner and exhibits the appropriate sense of urgency in responding to each customer.
- Ensure that problems reported have been properly identified and assigned to the appropriate support group for resolution.
- If possible, reach problem resolution on the first customer call. Alert supervisor of unique problems, situations and trends.
- Support real-time operations 24 x 7 x 365
Work with Incident Management team to:
- Support restoring normal service as quickly as possible and minimise the adverse impact to the business. The process utilises industry standard techniques for engaging support teams, identification of restoration actions, incident prioritisation, communication and escalation.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with Technology colleagues and business partners.
- Ensure consistency in use of the Global Service Desk (GSD) for Incident logging
- Use all support tools, mechanisms, and processes to identify and resolve issues for customers in a proactive manner.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of the Knowledge process and procedures. Review current practices and initiate improvements to simplify & standardise
- Suggest process improvement & contact reduction ideas/solutions to enhance customer experience/eliminate waste
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Bi-lingual English and French
In 2018, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine for the fifth consecutive year.
Here are some of the reasons why:
- Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity: Opportunities to network and build global relationships
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make
Learn more about HSBC
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. HSBC Group - one of the world’s largest banking and financial services with assets of US$2,492bn at 30 June 2017. Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Vancouver, BC HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the largest and leading international bank in Canada. HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around [...]
Burnaby, BC HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the largest and leading international bank in Canada. HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3, [...]
Winnipeg, MB HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the largest and leading international bank in the Canada. HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of arou [...]
Toronto, ON Global Vision. Local Focus. Things really are different here. A career with HSBC in Canada is truly an experience that few financial service organisations can match. Here you will fin [...]